PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 05:18 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Can you tether with the Trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
That's fine, give links to the unofficial routes

I'm waiting for GeoTrust to get my app, so I can get my phone unlocked anyway....
lol, ya beat me to it. no offense eric i am a turd hunter and i cant find this info.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

sure here

and here's another way click I found both using the Bing search on my arrive.

Last edited by eric12341; 07-06-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
sure here

and here's another way click I found both using the Bing search on my arrive.
I saw that a while ago. I thought there was a new hack. A lot of steps to just tether.....and it does not work with mango

I guess, just sliding a switch like it was in 6.5 is not going to happen any time soon.

Eric, have you tried it ?

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 07-06-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I saw that a while ago. I thought there was a new hack. A lot of steps to just tether.....and it does not work with mango

I guess, just sliding a switch like it was in 6.5 is not going to happen any time soon.

Eric, have you tried it ?
nope haven't been able to because the power in my area keeps getting knocked out. 3rd time within 3 weeks
Old 07-22-2011, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Has anyone tried this? I am having troubles. I had no problem unlocking my phone and getting DFRouter on the phone. I downloaded an installed HTC Sync and I also downloaded the drivers just in case. I followed the directions to the letter, but I'm having problems with the drivers.

If you follow the pocketnow instructions, it says if you have installed HTC sync you can skip to step 10 which says "Connect device to PC, open HTC USB Modem and select Advance Label"

Where am I supposed to be finding this HTC modem?? I looked everywhere and can't find it. I looked under my devices and printers and I found HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM5). But no HTC Modem.

So I had no luck there so I thought I would try it the other way. I uninstalled HTC sync and the drivers that came with it. I plug in the device and select HTC modem, but it keeps says that HTC Diagonostic Interface in the Device Manager. I tried changing the driver to the USB modem that I downloaded, but it said that the driver was not for that.

So for now I am at a stand still and I'm really hoping to get this going soon so I can work when I am on vacation. Otherwise I'll have to reactivate my 6.5 phone and I really am not wanting to do that.

Has anyone else tried anything? Thanks for help in advance!

Last edited by WMFan85; 07-22-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I'm going to bring this back to life again. Anyone think there is a way to do this? I really need to tether for work and I don't want to activate a windows mobile phone everyday that I need to tether.

Do you think this will be possible?
Old 11-07-2011, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

pm_mazur is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

A few more days and the ChevronWP team will have the unlock up and running again and after that devs like some of us here will get their hands dirty with apps. Ugh can't wait! I'm sure that someone will create a tether app.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc trophy

wmathein is a n00b

Mango?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmathein View Post
Mango?
yes mango supports tethering but the carrier has to enable it.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

partiallypro is a n00b

So, I just ordered a Trophy under the assumption that I could tether it without Verizon capping me and charging me outrageously (I'd gladly pay to tether if they coupled the data plans instead of splitting them in two.) So does anyone have a hack to get this done? ChevronWP is officially supported by Microsoft now...so it would seem that a hack would be quite simple and widely available, but I can't find one that is confirmed to work with the Trophy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy