PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 12:43 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
htc trophy issues/fixes

seems like trophy crowd is growing so figured you guys/gals could use this area to post issue and your fixes for them to help each other.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 05-31-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: trophy issues/fixes

Good idea....so far everyone overseas loved the phone. so no major issues unless it was a battery problem.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:54 AM
acs tester
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Good idea....so far everyone overseas loved the phone. so no major issues unless it was a battery problem.
ya but to early for that to be decided imo but glad you like overall idea of thread.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: VZW

anywhereat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Zune setup - not detected

I am trying to set up my Zune Pass account on the Trophy.
I cannot get either of my computers to detect the Trophy. I have tried on a netbook and desktop both running Win7. Both are running the most current Zune software, the desktop is already linked to a ZuneHD.

I have "Connect with Zune" enabled under music + video settings.

I tried connecting with Sync center, no go there either.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:40 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

Re: Zune setup - not detected

Quote:
Originally Posted by anywhereat View Post
I am trying to set up my Zune Pass account on the Trophy.
I cannot get either of my computers to detect the Trophy. I have tried on a netbook and desktop both running Win7. Both are running the most current Zune software, the desktop is already linked to a ZuneHD.

I have "Connect with Zune" enabled under music + video settings.

I tried connecting with Sync center, no go there either.

Any insight would be appreciated.
may have a answer but need to know if your getting this message? "USB Device Not Recognized” i will post this which may list your issue also.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935420/en-us

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 05-29-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy

anywhereat is a n00b

Thanks for the reply.
I got it resolved, but to answer your question: I was getting no message, no indication at all from the computer that I plugged the phone in.

I restarted the phone, the netbook recognized it and loaded drivers. I had to restart the netbook after the driver install to get it to sync properly. Now it seems to be working great.

I have to say that, after playing with it for a day or so, this is the first thing that hasn't "just worked". Everything else I have loaded/tried has worked on the first attempt.
I took a 7 hour round trip to PA yesterday and was streaming Slacker all the way home. Bluetooth clarity is much improved over my Imagio. GPS works like a charm, although I miss the turn-by-turn.

I am extremely happy with this phone.

Last edited by anywhereat; 05-29-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:02 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anywhereat View Post
I got it resolved, but to answer your question: I was getting no message, no indication at all from the computer that I plugged the phone in.

I restarted the phone, the netbook recognized it and loaded drivers. I had to restart the netbook after the driver install to get it to sync properly. Now it seems to be working great.

I have to say that, after playing with it for a day or so, this is the first thing that hasn't "just worked". Everything else I have loaded/tried has worked on the first attempt.
I took a 7 hour round trip to PA yesterday and was streaming Slacker all the way home. Bluetooth clarity is much improved over my Imagio. GPS works like a charm, although I miss the turn-by-turn.

I am extremely happy with this phone.
cool im glad you got it, in the one link it does say "you may need to restart pc multiple times" glad it was a easy fix for ya.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Has anyone else noticed how much the screen gathers smudges and oil? It's impossible to see in the sunlight if you don't have a rag or something to clean it off. My Touch Pro2 and Fathom were easy to clean, this seems very tough to clean off. Is it the gorilla glass that is causing that or just the capacitive screen? I had noticed that my wife's Droid Pro is the exact same way and I know she has gorilla glass too.

Where can I find a screen protector for it? I can't seem to find anything on Verizons website and going to a local store is out of the question because they think it still hasn't been released yet. I know some people are saying it's not needed, but I like to be extra safe
Old 05-29-2011, 09:29 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMFan85 View Post
Has anyone else noticed how much the screen gathers smudges and oil? It's impossible to see in the sunlight if you don't have a rag or something to clean it off. My Touch Pro2 and Fathom were easy to clean, this seems very tough to clean off. Is it the gorilla glass that is causing that or just the capacitive screen? I had noticed that my wife's Droid Pro is the exact same way and I know she has gorilla glass too.

Where can I find a screen protector for it? I can't seem to find anything on Verizons website and going to a local store is out of the question because they think it still hasn't been released yet. I know some people are saying it's not needed, but I like to be extra safe
answer is both but i clean my screen on pants or shirt cause im telling ya gorilla never shows a scratch but i did use these before i quit using them.Verizon HTC 7 Trophy Cell Phone Screen Protectors

and here are more plus all kinds of accessories.
https://www.thepocketsolution.com/ve...cessories.html
Old 06-02-2011, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900

bigboy292000 is becoming a great contributor
Re: htc trophy issues/fixes

Does anyone else have issues with unreliable Wifi connections and/or (sometimes) slow 3G data on their phone?

Seems like in the morning, my Trophy sort of crawls, and then recovers later in the day. Wifi seems to be connecting a lot and is very slow at times. I look at it, it says "connected" but then I launch the browser and it shows the little wifi graphics in the "taskbar" on top as connecting.

I have not figured it out yet but it seems weird.

At the same time, my wife's Trophy, which I put right next to mine, rocks it as fast as ever.

For example - I just turned off Wifi about 5 minutes ago, went to Marketplace and saw an update for Pirate's Mind game. It has been downloading for literally about 5 minutes over the 3G connection on my phone? Very slow...

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy