PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; mwp6985))

I have my phone set up with Zune already but is there anyway to rename my trophy in Zune? The devices name?

And is there anyway to get audio from video to playback in a stereo Bluetooth headset

Last edited by deadwrong03; 06-02-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: htc trophy issues/fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy292000 View Post
Does anyone else have issues with unreliable Wifi connections and/or (sometimes) slow 3G data on their phone?

Seems like in the morning, my Trophy sort of crawls, and then recovers later in the day. Wifi seems to be connecting a lot and is very slow at times. I look at it, it says "connected" but then I launch the browser and it shows the little wifi graphics in the "taskbar" on top as connecting.

I have not figured it out yet but it seems weird.

At the same time, my wife's Trophy, which I put right next to mine, rocks it as fast as ever.

For example - I just turned off Wifi about 5 minutes ago, went to Marketplace and saw an update for Pirate's Mind game. It has been downloading for literally about 5 minutes over the 3G connection on my phone? Very slow...
well 5 mins for a 13MB file over 3G is pretty damn fast to me. that's a download rate that I've never been able to attain during the day since January on my sprint 3G connection
Old 06-02-2011, 03:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
And is there anyway to get audio from video to playback in a stereo Bluetooth headset
Good question, I was wondering this one myself (was going to get a bluetooth headset)

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 06-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; mwp6985))

I have my phone set up with Zune already but is there anyway to rename my trophy in Zune? The devices name?

for the device remane u just goto the device name settings under the phone or device tab in Zune. as for the BT issue, currently it does not support videos unfortunately due to 3rd parties not having access to that API but the SRS or Dolby enhancement well compensates for that. u get 5.1 digital surround sound through any headphone set or stereo speakers.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I did 3 market updates today as well. 2 zipped through, Pirates Mind took a long time for me also. I didn't look to see but must have been a big update like Eric mentioned. Just let it install in the background.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

OK, I have a few issues with the Trophy that I've been keeping track in my new notes app (Love it!) The last 2 are probably more for just WP7

-Sometimes when I am done with a phone call I pull it away from my ear to hang up and I have to turn the screen on to hang up the call. It doesn't do it all the time, but probably about 20% of the time. I find it very odd.

-HTC Hub does NOT update location for weather if you are traveling until you go into the actual hub app. The weather for the other city will continue to update, but the location will not. The setting is set to update location, but it doesn't.

-Sometimes my text message tone gets all screwy. Sometimes it doesn't play at all and sometimes it will play the same tone as my incoming email tone. It does this with the phone on standby or when I'm using it.

-I have it checked to highlight misspelled words, but 99% of the time it doesn't. I never have gotten it to do it in text, but sometimes it will do it in other apps.

-This isn't really an issue as it is just an annoyance. The snooze for reminders for the calendar app. I find it impractical. I mean, 5 minutes? Come on! I didn't think windows mobile had enough and now I have just 5 minutes?! You know how many times I used my snooze for 5 minutes on windows mobile? NEVER! It was either 15 or a day. I find myself dismissing a lot of the reminders because I find myself not being where I need to be at the time and I don't want to snooze it 10 times before I get to where I need to be. Sorry for the vent, but I think it's asenine. I can put up with the alarm being only 5, but not the calendar.

Did anyone else experience any of these problems?

Other than these tiny issues...I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!

Last edited by WMFan85; 06-02-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2

three west is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to three west

I'm still running my TP2 for one more month, but yah, snooze duration drove me nuts on it too...
Old 06-03-2011, 01:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

im not getting any live tile notifications or toast notifications working either like with FIM Chat when i leave out the app its suppose to give me toast notifications when i get new messages, but instead it just logs me off of facebook chat wtf? am i doing something wrong? whats up wit that

i hope im plus hurry up and comes out i like being logged in all day i miss palringo from winmo but i know mango will remedy much of this
Old 06-03-2011, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Is there a way to change the email the calendar uses to send responses to meeting requests? I had a meeting request through my work email and when I responded it sent it through my live email. This I don't like. Meeting organizer will have no idea who is sending the response since it's a different email. Is there a way to change it?
Old 06-03-2011, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: VZW

bigboy292000 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My problem with Wifi unreliability seems to have been related to my old Wifi router.

I have been wanting to replace it so I did yesterday, with a new-ish Asus and sicne then - no such issues...

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy