PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: VZW

bigboy292000 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Post your personal VZW HTC Trophy Reviews here !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Dislikes:
- Going from Mini-USB to Micro-USB (car,desk chargers, computer cables, etc) WTF !!!!, at least I found adapters for $1.30 each on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0020M1O1A)
- Side mounted charging port, WTF why ?
- Still question battery life but, I'll know for sure in time
- Do I really have to pay to buy another game for the 3rd time(UNO) ???
-Stil no Remote desktop app (server admin)
-No Wi-Fi tethering, I guess I will have to keep a WM device around for when I travel
Cool, just a few points on this:

- Mini to Micro USB charging port is now a standard; EU has a law that all phones now must have Micro USB to cut down on electronics waste, so manufactures are switching to that across I think. Even the iPhone I think will have to comply somehow over there...
- +1 on WTF on side charging. Srsly, WFT? It is just weird to hold the phone when plugging the thing in!
- There are at least 2 apps that do Remote Desktop. Just search for "remote desktop" and you'll find them; but they are both paid-for apps, I think cheaper is about $13. Quite steep and not ideal but if you really need it...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache,touch pro,omnia i910,imagio
Carrier: vzw

bonsaicommando is becoming a great contributor

The screen is no match for sand ...im not a fan of screen protectors but im afraid i will have to break down and do it.
Battery life is definately better than the imagio 2 days over almost 1( overclocked a little with push and always on net set to off in 1 min!!!)
I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised with the build quality..way better than the pictures made it appear.. and I think the weight of the glass alone on a slightly thinner phone makes it seem more solid
windows home server(v1 and 2011) and media center(remote)integration via apps and pc plugins- seriously guys home server can stream to your phone..its finally coming together microsoft and i for 1 am LOVING it.Thankyou
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Agree, the side port is awkward, however, I've gotten more used to holding my Arrive but still weird. It makes more sense on the EVO3d Charging stand. Would be nice to have watching Netflix on my lunch break
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7e832_evo-3d.jpg (27.4 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Agree, the side port is awkward, however, I've gotten more used to holding my Arrive but still weird. It makes more sense on the EVO3d Charging stand. Would be nice to have watching Netflix on my lunch break
I'm sure it'll work on the arrive as well if its the same thickness.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

A major thing that I found after using it for a while that I hate is the Speaker phone. I have a lot of calls that I need to make for work and it's best to have them on speaker phone.

The Touch Pro 2 was awsome for this, nice loud and had the mute button on the back, the Trophy, even in a quiet room (just a computer fan going) from about 2 feet away, I cant even hear it, as it would be perfectly clear on the TP2...

Other minor things I've found after using for a while that I dislike
-can't add ring tones(I had a few custom ones for my wife and friends)
-Can't take a doument (word, excel, powerpoint, etc) and put it on my phone from the desktop, I need to put it in the "cloud" to put it on there. This is major.
- the home screen, really ? Just 6-8 colors for the tiles ? No backgrounds, no custom looking tiles, nothing ? This is something I miss from my TP2 also. My phone looks like everyone elses and I don't like that.
-Marketplace downloads, Some downloads require Wi-FI or computer connection, WTF ? So I am on the road, I have 5 bar 3G connection, I can't download a game to try or buy ? WTF ?
-and of course, Wi-Fi tethering
But, these are more of the limits of Windows Phone 7 and Not the Trophy.

Besides the Speaker phone (wish I could get the volume 10-20% louder) and the lack of a QWERTY keyboard (sorry guys) it's a great little phone.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 06-25-2011, 10:57 AM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
A major thing that I found after using it for a while that I hate is the Speaker phone. I have a lot of calls that I need to make for work and it's best to have them on speaker phone.

The Touch Pro 2 was awsome for this, nice loud and had the mute button on the back, the Trophy, even in a quiet room (just a computer fan going) from about 2 feet away, I cant even hear it, as it would be perfectly clear on the TP2...

-Can't take a doument (word, excel, powerpoint, etc) and put it on my phone from the desktop, I need to put it in the "cloud" to put it on there. This is major.
- the home screen, really ? Just 6-8 colors for the tiles ? No backgrounds, no custom looking tiles, nothing ? This is something I miss from my TP2 also. My phone looks like everyone elses and I don't like that.
-Marketplace downloads, Some downloads require Wi-FI or computer connection, WTF ? So I am on the road, I have 5 bar 3G connection, I can't download a game to try or buy ? WTF ?
-and of course, Wi-Fi tethering

Besides the Speaker phone (wish I could get the volume 10-20% louder) and the lack of a QWERTY keyboard (sorry guys) it's a great little phone.

so u don't like it ?????
Old 06-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:

hmm the speaker is loud on my arrive. I suppose u can work around that by hooking up some speakers to it if ur just in an office.
fixed in mango
I really don't get what some peoples beef with the cloud is. it will all become more clear once windows 8 and the new Xbox 360 dashboard are released. same experience no matter what device ur on and I like that
mango will add more colors and I saw an app that allows u to change the look of the tiles a bit in the marketplace
I can understand this, some carriers have a data cap and when one downloads a large file such as a game it can be very easy to exceed the data cap and receive overage charges. plus some networks aren't currently fast enough to even handle the download of such file (eg. sprint)
-and of course, Wi-Fi tethering more of a carrier limitation rather than OS limitation. if MS included it carriers would complain about it

my points are in bold above. hang in there uve made a great investment,and it will be even better once mango hits.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

aximtreo is just getting started

Well, I've had mine since the first week. I love the Trophy, great build quality. I "like" the OS but find it so limited at the minute that I went back to my Droid X until Mango hit's the street. I hope that some of the 500 items in Mango will open up the system do some customization.

Patiently waiting.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
my points are in bold above. hang in there uve made a great investment,and it will be even better once mango hits.
As others have said, Yes, it I do like it a lot. It's just got too many limits right now. I'm not going anywhere now tho.

As for the "cloud" coverage can be spotty time to time in areas. Every try to work in a basement in a corporate building and try to edit a spreadsheet on your phone ? Well, with WM I could, with WP7, I Can't because I need access to the cloud to get the document. When I have my phone connected to zune an hour before and I still cant move the file over (not looking for access to the entire phone, just looking for a folder on the phone where I can move documents and use them on my phone, AKA: My Documents)

As for Muti-tasking, on WM6.x it was more than a headache than anything else, if too many apps were running in the background, you could expect slow down or even lock ups almost all the time. Depends on how it's done in WP7.

Other annoyance found last night, No beep, not notication, my battery died and it just went dead. There was no low batter notifcation or anything it just went dead in the middle of a call. That is a major issue.

I love the phone, don't get me wrong, this is issues I have with the phone and I really do miss the speaker phone from my old TP2...
Old 06-27-2011, 02:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Other annoyance found last night, No beep, not notication, my battery died and it just went dead. There was no low battery notifcation or anything it just went dead in the middle of a call. That is a major issue
Ouch! Never had this problem (always have a spare TP2 battery on me) but I noticed this too once. I know the charging light on my Arrive starts blinking red when the battery is VERY low...kinda hard for the ear to see it

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy