PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Verizon HTC Trophy Tips & Tricks !!!

Now that you got your great reviewed Verizon wireless HTC Trophy besides making calls and spending money on Xbox Live games what can you do with it and how can you make it better ?

(assuming you read this post after it's release)

My List starts here....

1. Upgrade the Memory in it. The default is a 16gb card, too small for a few music and video files, it needs a upgrade BIG TIME....Check this !

MicroSD - Card Replace - xda-developers

Step by step with pictures, EVEN a compatablty chart ! If you do it right, you wont even void your warranty ! Would you believe that some cards even make the phone run faster ?!?!?!?! Just don't buy them on ebay, as you'll get fakes 75% of the time !!!!!

2. Get a better battery. The battery in the HTC Trohpy is only 1300 mah, when I first heard this I was like...WTF ???? How can HTC put a lower battery in this phone when every other WP7 phone has 1500 mah or more?!?!?!?! People who have the GSM version of this phone claim they have to charge it every day. This needs to be adressed !

I show you the Mugen Power 1800mah battery for the HTC Trophy, claimed to give about 40% more life than the factory 1300mah battery.

The best part, you don't need an extended case for it !!!!!

A very fair price at $44.99
[HLI-TrophySL] Buy Mugen Power 1800mAh Extended Battery for HTC 7 Trophy T8686 (HTC Spark)

3. A desktop Cradle - Personally I miss the days when Phones and PDAs came with these in the box. Just drop your phone into it and start charging/sync'ing. Personally I would want one for the computer and one for my nightstand in my bedroom.

A nice easy way to charge or sync your Trophy with out having to fumble around for a cable. And you can even charge that weak battery that came with the phone just in case it goes dead on you (you can charge a 2nd battery)

[KDG-LX-HTTR] Buy HTC 7 Trophy T8686 USB Desktop Cradle with 2nd battery slot

This is what I would do, If you like this post, donate me a beer !(PM me for a link) or just hit thanks !

I hope this post helped you make the phone the best it can be !!!!

Edit: This thread was renamed due to the Trophy finally getting released and it being more fitting for a Tips and Tricks threads.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 05-28-2011 at 10:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Are software tips allowed here also?
Old 03-19-2011, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Things to do when you get your VZW HTC Trophy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post

Are software tips allowed here also?
Sure why not. This was just me searching what I could do if Vzw ever releases this phone.

Let's get a list on things to do on the HTC Trophy before we own one...

Also trying to get some discussion on the Trophy started on here....

Last edited by DavidinCT; 03-19-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache,touch pro,omnia i910,imagio
Carrier: vzw

bonsaicommando is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

a little dance?
Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I have a Touch Pro2 right now and I plan on getting the Trophy when it comes out. Hopefully the 24th is the correct date for its release.

There are some issues that I'm going to have to overcome. Mostly things that the older windows mobile had that this won't, like file explorer.

How big of a card can you put in the phone? Is it 32 gb?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:48 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMFan85 View Post
How big of a card can you put in the phone? Is it 32 gb?
Yep, you can put in a 32gb, it will format the phone tho, so make sure you back up what you can (WP7 models are done like a raid 0, once one is gone, it's alll done). If you read the above message and look over the link there is people who have done it and there are some 32gb cards that claim to make the phone run faster....cool

Don't forget to hit thanks in the first post !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt / HTC Evo Shift
Carrier: Verizon / Sprint

ufjason is becoming a great contributor

I just got my Verizon Trophy and it does indeed have a 1300mah battery. I used my 1300mah incredible battery in it while I charged the one included and realized the incredible battery is a millimeter thicker so the battery door bulged out ever so slightly.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

how do you like it so far? if you need app tips or whatever, holla!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Wait, how did you get a Verizon Trophy?
Old 05-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch and HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint

stoyski is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to stoyski

Does any one know how or if there is a tether hack yet the upcoming Verizon Trophy?

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Trophy