PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Titan

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 12:51 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

....look for Dr.8820 on Engadget and BGR....
Old 10-18-2011, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

aximtreo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: review on engadget

I thought the review was as open and fair as any I've seen when comparing the total package of WP7 to iOS and Android. I really don't get hung up on one part of the system being better from one OS to another. Hardware and OS implimentation will always differ and that makes comparisons hard to do objectively.

I am waiting to see what Engaget and others think of the Nokia system implimentation, hardware and OS. From what I've seen and read on upcoming WP7 introductions, I think I'll keep my Trophy a while longer. Of course, I don't control that because I have Verizon and their next new WP7 phone will probably be in early to mid 2013.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well when sprint puts their own animated loader it obviously takes a few more seconds but still under 30 seconds.

But if you want to play that game. I'll go as stock as it gets :P

Nexus S boot time 18 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWiBXF8jvJM

And I am not including the Galaxy S2 which boots even more faster..
I rarely have to boot up my arrive so I really don't know how long it takes but I know it must be as fast as the nexus. keep in mind that these phones have dual core processors vs just single core on the Titan so for a single core to boot at that same speed is equally impressive and does make a statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
I thought the review was as open and fair as any I've seen when comparing the total package of WP7 to iOS and Android. I really don't get hung up on one part of the system being better from one OS to another. Hardware and OS implimentation will always differ and that makes comparisons hard to do objectively.

I am waiting to see what Engaget and others think of the Nokia system implimentation, hardware and OS. From what I've seen and read on upcoming WP7 introductions, I think I'll keep my Trophy a while longer. Of course, I don't control that because I have Verizon and their next new WP7 phone will probably be in early to mid 2013.
I didn't think he was fair after all the stupid nitpicks he made. and I'm not the only one who noticed, read some of the comments there.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I rarely have to boot up my arrive so I really don't know how long it takes but I know it must be as fast as the nexus. keep in mind that these phones have dual core processors vs just single core on the Titan so for a single core to boot at that same speed is equally impressive and does make a statement.
Nexus S is a single core phone, its pretty much same as the Epic spec wise. The Galaxy S2 is dual core.

Either way as I said before, the speed the OS boots in has nothing to do with how smooth the OS is. In windows phone 7 case, most of the smoothness is attributed to hardware accelerated UI.

Quote:
I didn't think he was fair after all the stupid nitpicks he made. and I'm not the only one who noticed, read some of the comments there.
give some examples...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Nexus S is a single core phone, its pretty much same as the Epic spec wise. The Galaxy S2 is dual core.

Either way as I said before, the speed the OS boots in has nothing to do with how smooth the OS is. In windows phone 7 case, most of the smoothness is attributed to hardware accelerated UI.

give some examples...
@gTen he said that usernames aren't auto capitalized in input fields when almost every username I see is in fact lower cased rather than capital. he also complained that the @ wasn't auto added when it's in the first page on the WP keyboard in those fields. he also complained about the multitasking, which can be blamed on apps not mango compliant yet, my arrive multitasks better than my tp2 did. he complained about how IE didn't render a BBC site correctly knowing that most of the readers or the common public wouldn't even care or would just use the BBC app which is just as good if not better than the site. let's see he complained about the supposed low resolution and that he saw pixels flying around everywhere, (HTC EVO didn't have this problem on it's slightly smaller screen) shall I go on? its filled with ignorant statements that no one should be able to do when reviewing a product. reviews should be unbiased.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:37 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
You're right about the hardware acceleration. That makes a huge difference. I would say that boot speed DOES make a difference. When I boot up my Windows 7 laptop and my Windows Phone, once I'm at the desktop, they're ready to go... and there's no lag or delay while it continues to load things in the background.

Again, I won't comment on devices I've not used -- like the Nexus or Galaxies -- but I know on the EVO it was more like my XP systems... it would boot (slowly) and STILL have to finish loading useless processes in the background before I could really use it. If Android is better on these newer devices, that's great, but the fact remains true that Windows Phone has amazing performance, and any attempt to discredit that is just lame on your part.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I find my HTC TP2 Custom ROM Boot time of 6 minutes to be just fine thank you. Look at you all and your fancy quick boots. Why in my day, you waited for the tubes to warm up on your Motorola field phone...
Old 10-28-2011, 01:30 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

if this phone came to verizon id give it a whirl. i could care a less about dual core phones.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC 7 Titan