PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > GSM TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 12:10 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23544/21895 |Mar 16| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch Pro2 (Rhodium) device.
This ROM only works on GSM devices!

I do make a CDMA version (Sprint, Verizon, Altel, etc) and that's found here!

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs every few days, as new builds come down the pipe.

I also build my ROMs with four main goals.
  • Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
  • Speed !!!
  • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
  • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• The 21895 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner! I recommend you start with this first!
  • The 23544 Build that's the latest in the 6.5.5 series with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys. These builds are not as stable or perfect, but they reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. These are also much more finger friendly throughout.

Both these builds include the latest "Sense 2.5" software from HTC. Look for "Sense2.5" in the filename to download one of these builds.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also make different versions of my ROM, based on current developments on xda-developers.

These days, I make a "MaxManila" version and a "Cookie Monster" version.
I would advise you go checkout the original threads for these modifications to learn how to use them in my ROM. All questions regarding these special ROMs, should be posted in the original threads. The reason I make ROMs with these modifications already in them, is simple. They run better and faster when "cooked in". Anything you install in cab format after a ROM flash, will slow down your phone compared to when it's already in the ROM. Keep in mind these mods aren't always perfect, as they're developed by regular people like you and me. Therefore, bugs will be present. Please don't complain in this thread about bugs with these mods, but rather make the original developer aware of them so they can improve them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.
It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released
as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM. To follow me on twiiter, Just click here!

ROM Downloads with Sense 2.5:

ROM Downloads with Sense 2.1:

Addons and hotfixes:

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23544/21895 |Mar 16| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

Changelog

March 16th, 2010 (Latest release):

• New theme, intro animation and setup screens...
  • Added DeviceLock so you can lock your phone automatically (disabled by default)
  • Updated to Opera 10 Final (and now the TOS is preaccepted... such an annoyance that was!)
  • Sense 2.5 color tweaks and icons
  • Sense 2.5 Call History tab added
  • Taskbar icons updated
  • Fixed Carrier Provisioning errors and now they're all turned off by default
  • Weather animations in Sense 2.5 turned off by default (will provide cab in "Addons" to turn it back on)

March 5th, 2010:

• Build 23542 added to the mix!
  • Calendar overlap fixed in Cookie and Maxmanila ROMs
  • Tweaked XIP/RAM Usage and lowered pagepool. You should now have more available RAM
  • Sense 2.5 is now CFC'd which should yield even more performance and a smaller footprint
  • CookieMonster updated to 1.6
  • Updated Arkswitch in 23XXX ROMs
  • Added quite a few HTC ringtones to choose from
  • Misc tweaks I didn't keep track of...

February 26th, 2010 :

• Build 23541 added to the mix!
  • Twitter tab replaced for better landscape support
  • Rhodium Manila cooked in for more speed
  • HSDPA/HSUPA back in "Advanced Network" control applet
  • Some settings shortcuts in Settings\System optimized. Won't see them in the "all programs" list anymore
  • Optimized icon placement on Sense slider
  • Added "name of day" on top of calendar icon in the slider
  • BsB tweaks icon blue and nag removed
  • RSS Hub updated to 2_1_2_1109_01
  • New version of Arkswitch in 23541 ROMs
  • Added nicely skinned TCPMPv2
  • Added Office 2010
  • Speed of Sense2.5 increased considerably, in my opinion
  • Switched to 7zip compression for the ROM releases, so get 7zip or a newer version WinRAR to unpack them!

February 22nd, 2010:

• Build 23540 added to the mix!
  • A few MaxManila adjustments for a better out of the box experience

February 21st, 2010:

• Added 23534 build
  • Added new Volume Control
  • Volume control now doesnt work just in "steps" anymore, you can keep pushing the key up/down and it keeps going
  • Fixed "set to vibrate" change doesnt reflect state on taskbar speaker icon
  • Updated Palringo
  • Updated Facebook
  • Added ArkSwitch and removed QuickMenu
  • No longer returns to HomeScreen after you leave another app open and turned your screen off
  • Lockscreen moved lock button at the bottom for easier access
  • The onscreen keyboard has been speed up considerably
  • Swype from the latest TMO ROM cooked in
  • Sense Mods:
  • Backgroundfor all and landscape
  • Blue graphics completed
  • New transparent bottom slider

February 16th, 2010:

• Build 21892 updated
  • Sense 2.5.2012 with EBook Reader, FootPrints and Documents tab and Landscape!
  • New 4.0 series 3G dialer from the latest Rhodium ROM. Your current themes will not work on this dialer...
  • Removed transparent slider for now, until I can make one for this new Sense version
  • Google Maps 4.0
  • Updated MyPhone app
  • InCall Recorder back in
  • STK and SIM Manager issues resolved
  • Opera 9.7.35541 cooked in with adblocking
  • Added CookieMonster HomeTab ROM version
  • Added EnergyROM 2007 theme, renamed Energy Retro to Energy 2008
  • Energy 2008 is the default theme now, for a while.. I'm feeling nostalgic
  • And last but not least, some Leo 2.07 packages incorporated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 21st, 2009:

• Manila 2.5 Leo based ROM released (Manila version 1919)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Threadstarter

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

silkassassain is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

1st comment

.....March 17 Max Manilia downloading now

Old 03-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Ichigo7 is a n00b

great ROM! i love it but the only thing that I found that didnt work was my ALT button. i'm using the 21895 Cookie Monster Rom. dont know if anyone else has this problem or not.

edit***

using ctrl button instead and the twitter app goes black at login in landscape view and also it doesnt show everything when updating your tweet status(the count of words, capture photo or send)

Last edited by Ichigo7; 03-21-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Tilt

highdef088 is a n00b

Awesome rom thank you very much will donate as some point when Im done being a cheap bastard
Old 03-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Smokem is a n00b

First off, I want to say good job... I'm loving this ROM, unfortunately i'm having the same problem with my ALT key... It doesn't work at all. I'm using the 21895 Cookie Monster ROM also... Like I said, aside from the ALT key, the ROM is great...

Last edited by Smokem; 03-27-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6700
Carrier: sprint

lesthad is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to lesthad

Hello, I have a tp2 verizon is CDMA and GSM, I recommend you install.
thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:29 PM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

Smokem...ALT is CRTL
On Cookie Monster version 23544 and lovin it. Only thing I would like to have would be an increase in max send size of MMS from 300kbs to at least 1MB. I did the regedits to try and increase the size but for some reason they wouldn't stick.
Thanks NRG !
NVM! *turning bright red* uhhhhhhhhhh hehe guess when you ALSO install the provisioning cab for your carrier things just seem to work better...guess I should have checked that first lol....oh ya and now my alt key is back lol...duh Psycho lol.

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?

Last edited by Psychobaby; 04-04-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: I figured out the problem
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

radgonow is a n00b
Cool Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23544/21895 |Mar 16| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

Can someone guide me to the first thread, so I can start to upgrade process. This is my first time, so please go easy.
thx

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > GSM TP2 Development