PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > GSM iPhone Development
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: [How To] Essential jailbreak/unlock/ssh thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Lol, ok I will try. So whats your theory? I actually am an Electronics tech myself at a biomedical company in Ct. Do you think a component is overheating, or a connector expanding/retracting? Its in the fridge now at work.
I think a component might be overheating and causing some nand sector write error during or after the flash. I've actually had this work on a radio flash on an HD2 so we'll see.

Honestly i cannot believe this is bricked, I mean it's sort of operating and since it's basically 8 gigs of nand we should be able to write over a working sector, the only thing I can think of is some part of the hard drive is fubar, but let's keep trying different firmware and jb combos.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I think a component might be overheating and causing some nand sector write error during or after the flash. I've actually had this work on a radio flash on an HD2 so we'll see.

Honestly i cannot believe this is bricked, I mean it's sort of operating and since it's basically 8 gigs of nand we should be able to write over a working sector, the only thing I can think of is some part of the hard drive is fubar, but let's keep trying different firmware and jb combos.
A1241 is a 3g correct? Also It shouldnt effect bootup if there is no sim card correct? Its weird, I also dont believe it could be bricked because it does restore and Itunes does recognize the phone and displays the message "There is no sim card installed in the phone you are trying to activate." when plugged into Itunes.
This all started after I pulled the battery while the phone was still on (due to the bad power switch.
Anyways still no go after the the fridge trick and flashing the 3.12 fw.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 04-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
A1241 is a 3g correct? Also It shouldnt effect bootup if there is no sim card correct? Its weird, I also dont believe it could be bricked because it does restore and Itunes does recognize the phone and displays the message "There is no sim card installed in the phone you are trying to activate." when plugged into Itunes.
This all started after I pulled the battery while the phone was still on (due to the bad power switch.
Anyways still no go after the the fridge trick and flashing the 3.12 fw.

when you turn it on and have it connected to iTunes and it says "no sim blah blah" use blackra1n to jailbreak it and see if that does anything.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
when you turn it on and have it connected to iTunes and it says "no sim blah blah" use blackra1n to jailbreak it and see if that does anything.
Still no go. Im leaving work now so I cant respond for awhile, but Thank you sooo much for all the help so far!! If you have any other ideas let me know, much appreciated!! Will leave many thanks for your help!!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Threadstarter

no worries, I'll check around too, see what else we can come up with.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Threadstarter

Here is more to try later.

1) Do a restore again to the phone till it reboots, but this time on first boot before it has a chance to do anything (after restore), put the phone into DFU immediately and try to jailbreak with redsn0w, I'd do the 3.1.3 firmware restore then use the 3.1.2 ISPW in redsn0w like earlier

2) keep playing with holding home + Power for 10 seconds then letting go then trying again, this has been known to kick the phone one.

3) upgarde to the newest possible firmware and try doing #2 above.

4) try a totally different USB cable.

let me know if any of that worked, ill keep looking
Old 04-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Well, take notes with this repair for future reference!!!
Its fixed!! Guess what it was??
The proximity sensor ribbon cable!!! First I was thinking maybe it could possibly be a 3gs digitizer they sent me rather than a 3g, since it didnt boot up I could not test the digitizer so I unplugged the digitizer and the proximity ribbon and left only the lcd connected and booted up fine, then plugged in the digitizer and also booted fine, then plugged in the proximity ribbon and bam, stuck on the Apple again! Replaced the proximity ribbon and were back in business!!
Finally!!
Again, thanks for all the help. I think we may have both learned something to keep in our arsenal. Thanks Orange.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well, take notes with this repair for future reference!!!
Its fixed!! Guess what it was??
The proximity sensor ribbon cable!!! First I was thinking maybe it could possibly be a 3gs digitizer they sent me rather than a 3g, since it didnt boot up I could not test the digitizer so I unplugged the digitizer and the proximity ribbon and left only the lcd connected and booted up fine, then plugged in the digitizer and also booted fine, then plugged in the proximity ribbon and bam, stuck on the Apple again! Replaced the proximity ribbon and were back in business!!
Finally!!
Again, thanks for all the help. I think we may have both learned something to keep in our arsenal. Thanks Orange.
lol wow, what an adventure, and thanks for the info, I can certainly use that in my arsenal
Old 04-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Threadstarter

FYI updated OP to 4.3.2 untethered.

I'll update it with the 6.15.00 ipad baaseband hack to unlock devices after 4.1 later when I get a chance.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Threadstarter

Re: [How To] Jailbreak Your iPhone.

updated OP with 4.3.3 tethered jailbreak.

PPCGeeks > iPhone > GSM iPhone Development