PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > GSM HD2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM][TMO][21-4-10]LIA ROM Series [STD+GLASS] V1.7 23563 2.10 Smooth_Fast★Extendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsbbq View Post
Glad you got it working. I won't get in to all the reasons of why I have to password the file and have the blog site, but I can quickly say there are people pirating the links from file sharing services. Why does this matter? Well even if you have premium accounts they have bandwidth limits. And just like last night One of my files was download 400 times from the web and not from my site. This caused me to run out of bandwidth and had to pay for additional bandwidth to keep my files online. Enough about that.

For the flashing process I know I explained it to you already, but I might as well explain it here also for others.

First your comments above are inaccurate. The process I'm using is the same process that is performed when you flash a factory shipped ROM from the .exe file. Why does it seem strange to you? Because when you flash a shipped ROM it is all done in the background so you never knew what was happening.

It has been known for a long time flashing multiple custom ROMS can sometimes cause strange problems to creep up. This is in part due to the flash process with the LeoCustomRUU.exe which is what most people are used to, and would call normal way of flashing. It does not completely clear all of the storage and thus can potentially can lead to issues.

This is why some of the ROM cooks will tell you to perform a mtty aka(Task29) to erase and clear the storage memory, and or flash a shipped ROM. (Why a shipped ROM? Because it does the same process as mtty and more)

Recently we were lucky that a couple of developers were able to extract the task29 process from the shipped ROM .exe file. First it was just another .nbh file and we had to flash a radio with it to work. Then they managed to make a small .exe file that would perform this Task29 process.

Ok the process is not perfect like in the shipped ROM .exe but it works well. After flashing with the Task29.exe the device will reset. When it starts to reset hold down the volume down button to re enter the boot loader mode again. (This is where Jquill got scared) If you don't get it in to boot loader mode the device will not boot up be cause the OS has been erased. Your device is not bricked! just remove the battery and put the device back in to boot loader mode and proceed to the next step.

Now the final step is to flash the ROM itself. Instead of using the LeoCustomRUU.exe I use the Original ROM Update utility which comes from the shipped ROM .exe file. Why do I use this? Because this Original ROM Update Utility also performs a Task28 which is the same as a hard reset. So when you flash your ROM you are performing all the same task as flashing a shipped ROM and you will have less chances of problems.

So I hope you can all see it's not that I'm trying to force you to do something all that different than flashing a shipped ROM. If you want to flash the old way be my guest just take the RUU_Signed.nbh out of the Original ROM update folder and you can flash with the standard LeoCustomRUU.exe.

And Jquill You always erase your phone os when you flash. You made it out like I was having you do something terrible. lol Just the process I do is even better. Also by doing this process there is no need to perform a hard reset after you flash. This alone saves you time.

Jquill all is well and glad you got it going. If you have any problem don't hesitate to contact me.
Thanks bro montana
Old 04-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD
Carrier: AIS
Threadstarter

bobsbbq is just getting started
Re: [ROM][TMO][21-4-10]LIA ROM Series [STD+GLASS] V1.7 23563 2.10 Smooth_Fast★Extendi

Great news New versions coming soon.

I will be getting some versions together tomorrow for the beta testers. Hold on to your Hat? Yes a new version of Extendir V2 is here and even faster.
The new version will include some updated packages from 2.11 ROM.

If you are a beta tester check in frequently tomorrow. Want to be a beta tester? See my blog site for details.
NEW LIA ROM Series For TMOUS HD2 6.5.5 HERE
**If you like my work click: Donatations Here**
Old 06-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

I thought it was against ppcgeeks rules to require someone to register at another site to get a download???

Old 06-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD
Carrier: AIS
Threadstarter

bobsbbq is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
I thought it was against ppcgeeks rules to require someone to register at another site to get a download???
Not to my knowledge. As long as it is free to register. And I was asked to put my ROM's here by a user. I use the same process over on XDA. I had too many problems with file mirrors being abused. People don't realize that even these premium services have a bandwidth limit, and when y0u exceed it you have to pay more money to keep your files active.

Due to this and some other issues I made this decision to be able to control and track the downloads from my mirrors. It is still totally free and it gives me some protection and a way of acting if these problems happen now.

PS there is not a new build at the moment. I have been busy with other work. When I do update this build I will update this thread also.

Also there may be some old files that were formerly hosted with mediafire that are no longer there. Many of this due to what I listed above and the fact that mediafire would not accept my PayPal.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:40 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Not that I've heard of... For example MightyMike's roms. You only have to register once.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:08 PM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Not that I've heard of... For example MightyMike's roms. You only have to register once.
so why did they complain when inda started hosting his ROMs at mobileunderground.info???
Old 06-25-2010, 11:33 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
so why did they complain when inda started hosting his ROMs at mobileunderground.info???
I guess it's ok for some to do, while it's not ok for others. I don't know, I'm just gonna bite my tongue and keep quiet...
Old 06-27-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I guess it's ok for some to do, while it's not ok for others. I don't know, I'm just gonna bite my tongue and keep quiet...
yeah, I don't think we are supposed to talk about it!!! Politics even in the tech world...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > GSM HD2 Development

Tags
23563, fast, hd2, htc, rom