PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Google Nexus S CDMA Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   [10-11-11][ROM] gingerbread-ns4g-deck [1.3][2.3.7 Stable] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143858)

deck 05-22-2011 10:34 AM

[10-11-11][ROM] gingerbread-ns4g-deck [1.3][2.3.7 Stable]

Hey all. Been a while since my last release of anything, which was sense based, but I really wanted to start learning android and have a better perspective of it. I decided to dig a bit more into compiling android. Started horsing around with github and learned to start compiling my own builds from aosp wih the help from cmsrc, evervolv, and a few others githubs. Since the release of gingerbread to aosp, i moved away from sense. There are things that i do miss about sense, but the usability of the phone without it is just unmatched imho. Many people use or have used cyanogenmod. IMHO is a great open source project that has some of the best devs out there. I have always been more into the 'vanilla' look opposed to the themed and aftermarket. Recently i have been compiling gingerbread for the evo and mt4g and have had nothing but the best reviews. Basically the reason why i am here. Wondering if there was any interest in a few of my builds. Main reason from moving away from CM6/7 (cyanogenmod), ADW launcher and the extra added bloat(sorry) and themes. Battery life will always be one of my main concerns. Everything should work!

1.3 build is based off 2.3.7. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.35.7 (thanks cm team).

1.2.1 build is based off 2.3.4. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.35.7 (thanks cm team).

*!* By downloading any files, ROMs, and or apks, you verify that you have the appropriate licenses for all software contained within *!*

l assume no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your phone.

Before flashing your phone, please make sure you are completely rooted.
For information about rooting, please go to:
[NS4G] Stock ROMs | How To Root/Unroot | OTA Files & Images - xda-developers

Special Thanks to: CyanogenMod Team, and Team Win, where most of the source came from, preludedrew and evervolv team, which helped me tremendously get my feet off he ground with android. And the originals, Calkulin, No2Chem, GGuruUSA, Colonel00, Conflipper, AstainHellbring, LennySH, NexVision, CLHatch, Chainfire, JooJooBee666, and Polargoat for putting up with me for many years and always helping me out.

Donations are VERY much appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donate_LG.gif
Want to donate but dont have any extra money? Check out some of our site's sponsors at http://www.dev-host.org

For updates, news, and my gibber jabber, please follow me @kushdeck on twitter..
We now have an irc channel. Please join us @ #dev-host on freenode..

*Latest Downloads* Please help support your dev, check out our site's sponsors. Thanks. :)
gingerbread ns4g 1.3 Stable
gapps 8-28-2011

*Official thread and ALL Downloads*
*Issue Tracker*
*Changelog*

*Install Instructions*
1. Reboot into recovery. - Clockworkmod at least version 3.1.0.1 required!
2. *optional* make a nandroid backup.
3. Wipe Everything.
4. Flash gingerbread rom zip.
5. DO NOT REBOOT YET.
6. Flash gapps zip.
6a. Flash Kernel *if you are using a custom kernel*
7. Reboot.
8. Enjoy gingerbread!

Enjoy,
-deck

deck 05-22-2011 10:35 AM

Re: [Official][5-22-11][ROM] gingerbread-ns4g-deck [1.2f][2.3.4 Beta]

Ok i need some testing. I was asked by quite a few people to get a nexus s 4g build up, so here is my first attempt. Please dont be too harsh. Let me know the ins and outs.

-deck

info[]box1 05-22-2011 02:15 PM

Re: [Official][5-22-11][ROM] gingerbread-ns4g-deck [1.2f][2.3.4 Beta]

RSVP

Thanks Deck for being the 1st here ppcgeeks to Dev a ROM for us Nexus $ 4G users. I have not rooted my Nexus yet still researching the method.

deck 05-23-2011 03:47 AM

Re: [Official][5-23-11][ROM] gingerbread-ns4g-deck [1.2l][2.3.4 Beta]

:) glad to be here. i had a few users helping me tonight getting some bugs out of the way. i put up version 1.2n which should have the roaming issue fixed and i added wimax. any more testers would be much appreciated.

-deck

NickEspi 05-27-2011 10:49 PM

Re: [Official][5-24-11][ROM] gingerbread-ns4g-deck [1.2n][2.3.4 Beta]

Wonderful Work Man Keep it Up!!!

deck 05-28-2011 03:53 AM

Re: [5-28-11][ROM] gingerbread-ns4g-deck [1.2r][2.3.4 Beta]

1.2r is up, and fully working except for 4G toggle which is currently being worked on. I have spent so much time on the ns4g, i was neglecting my other phones :P also, no need for special gapps any gapps will do. Please help support this project, check out a few sponsors site's when downloading.

*Issue Tracker*
*Changlog*

I hope you all enjoy.

-deck

deck 05-28-2011 03:54 AM

1.2r is up, and fully working except for 4G toggle which is currently being worked on. I have spent so much time on the ns4g, i was neglecting my other phones :P also, no need for special gapps any gapps will do. Please help support this project, check out a few sponsors site's when downloading.

*Issue Tracker*
*Changlog*

I hope you all enjoy.

-deck

deck 06-01-2011 04:24 AM

gapps updated.
gapps 6-1-2011 *NEW* *Fixed FC's* You can now flash any gapps that you would like as well.

-deck

deck 06-01-2011 06:51 AM

Re: [6-1-11][ROM] gingerbread-ns4g-deck [1.2t][2.3.4 Beta]

1.2t is up! Many Many fixes. i need some testing! Please check the changelog. Please help support this project, check out a few sponsors site's when downloading. I hope you all enjoy,

*Issue Tracker*
*Changelog*

-deck

LuckyLui 06-01-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deck (Post 2109394)
1.2t is up! Many Many fixes. i need some testing! Please check the changelog. Please help support this project, check out a few sponsors site's when downloading. I hope you all enjoy,

*Issue Tracker*
*Changlog*

-deck

Thank you Deck! :D

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk