PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
update on rooting?

so when the root first came out for the Nexus One, I heard that if you rooted you could never "unroot" so now I am wondering if there is an N1 root that can be completely undone?

If I root a Nexus, I want to be able to make an insurance claim if something actually goes wrong with the phone, and not have them tell me "you rooted it so sorry"
Old 08-04-2010, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G 3D
Carrier: sprint

sec1rxg is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: update on rooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
so when the root first came out for the Nexus One, I heard that if you rooted you could never "unroot" so now I am wondering if there is an N1 root that can be completely undone?

If I root a Nexus, I want to be able to make an insurance claim if something actually goes wrong with the phone, and not have them tell me "you rooted it so sorry"
Easy, find the stock shipped ROM and flash that, just like that you're unrooted .
Old 08-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec1rxg View Post
Easy, find the stock shipped ROM and flash that, just like that you're unrooted .
well I heard that didn't work for the Nexus One like it does for the Evo and other phones, did that change?
Old 08-09-2010, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 NEXUS ONE
Carrier: t mobile

dusty- is keeping up the good workdusty- is keeping up the good work

Try easy root. Just open the app and click root to root without touching bootloader. Click un root to un root. It's so simple!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 NEXUS ONE
Carrier: t mobile

dusty- is keeping up the good workdusty- is keeping up the good work

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=747598
here is the link for easy root
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty- View Post
thanks, this root doesn't unlock the booloader either so the warranty stays in-effect.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: At&t

jrflurry is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to jrflurry

Ive been rooted since day one with my nexus. I had to send mine in for a crack in the screen and even though it was rooted they still took care of me...even came back rooted!!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: king
Carrier: Audio

KaneJust is a n00b

There is a lot of great information contained within, so thank you Martin for the post and for sharing this with your fellow Android enthusiasts at FascinateForums.com.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One