PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 NEXUS ONE
Carrier: t mobile

dusty- is keeping up the good workdusty- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sending files through email on Android

Dragon2 and I tried this yesterday and were not sure if it would work but its easy. just send the file like normal and open it via browser at gmail.com and follow the prompts. the native email app won't support it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: sending files through email on Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty- View Post
Dragon2 and I tried this yesterday and were not sure if it would work but its easy. just send the file like normal and open it via browser at gmail.com and follow the prompts. the native email app won't support it.
Even if you go to the web it will not allow you to download apps. to download attachments through email just download astro file manager, one of the options of astro manager is to allow your phone to download any type of file, just click it and you're good to go.
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-29-2010, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I didn't try astro but it did let me save and install swype via browser . dragon sent it to me and I opened it ,saved and installed it and it worked.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty- View Post
I didn't try astro but it did let me save and install swype via browser . dragon sent it to me and I opened it ,saved and installed it and it worked.
the web will allow you to download any .apk because the browser knows thats an android file type. but without astro, if you try to download a .zip for instance it will not allow you to.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm only 2 days in to android so I'm not an expert by any means but I have astro and aNdro zip and it worked lol .
Old 04-30-2010, 04:12 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Even if you go to the web it will not allow you to download apps. to download attachments through email just download astro file manager, one of the options of astro manager is to allow your phone to download any type of file, just click it and you're good to go.
It would not download the app through the gmail app, and I also have astro installed. I get a parsing package error of some sort, so I went to gmail.Com in the browser, and once clicking the file astro downloaded it..... so yes, you can download and save apks through gmail.Com...

I'll keep trying through the native app, not saying it won't work, but it most definitely works at the actual site...

Last edited by Dragon2; 04-30-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
It would not download the app through the gmail app, and I also have astro installed. I get a parsing package error of some sort, so I went to gmail.Com in the browser, and once clicking the file astro downloaded it..... so yes, you can download and save apks through gmail.Com...

I'll keep trying through the native app, not saying it won't work, but it most definitely works at the actual site...
apks correct, that is a google file, I meant non google files like a zip, i followed up and clarified in my next post.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:18 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
the web will allow you to download any .apk because the browser knows thats an android file type. but without astro, if you try to download a .zip for instance it will not allow you to.
If its any other file type other than a apk, I use opera or xscope to download the file.....

Pretty sure I've downloaded zips through native browser also....

Edit: I got ya now, a little confused.... 4twenty
Old 04-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
If its any other file type other than a apk, I use opera or xscope to download the file.....

Pretty sure I've downloaded zips through native browser also....

Edit: I got ya now, a little confused.... 4twenty
haha, don't trip
Old 07-03-2010, 08:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 2
Carrier: Bell Mobility

OpenWave is a n00b

Another way is to rename the file on your computer from file.zip to file.zipp for instance and when you receive the file on your phone just rename it back to .zip

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One