PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: What is up with all the nexus hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
Well I have never bashed the N1 and would love to try one out. You know how it works... if someone has a certain phone and are stuck with it for a while, sure they are going to be biased towards it.
That being said, you are comparing a stock N1 to a stock Droid. Ofcourse the N1 will walk all over it. Now try comparing a stock N1 vs. a Droid OC'd at 1.3ghz. Things change a bit. I'm sure that the N1 will get OC'd to 1.8-2.0ghz soon and it'll be a pissing match again. All in all, the software can be the same on both of these, it's just the clocking of the processor (which can be easily changed) and the hardware (which cannot) that make the difference. At that point, to each his own.
Its funny to me because I don't even see a need to over clock the processor with n1. I run cyanogens high memory rom and the speed boost I got for having 200+ mb is significant. Overclocking is not my cup of tea. I'm all in for running the latest software, but making the processor work harder then its intended to especially when it isn't necessary in the least isn't happening on my nexus.
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-14-2010, 10:59 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Dont get me wrong... without a doubt the nexus is the best phone ive owned and I have a 3gs and a hero also... have had the mogul, touch pro, touch pro 2,hero, wing, a bb curve....

As far as the issues ive had.. I actually didnt have any with the mogul/wing which is the crazy part. It all started with the touch pro. Had the typical keyboard issue, screen went out once, keyboard again... which got me a free upgrade to the tp2. With the tp2 the motor vibrate went out once, and then the replacement they sent me just all out died on me. This was without having even flashed or spl'd it. They sent me a NIB one and I didnt even open it I just straight sold it. Grabbed a hero just to have a phone on my sprint line.. which now has dust under the screen. Not really a big deal to me at THIS point so i'm not too hard on that.

Grabbed a 3gs and then a nexus one. First nexus I had had some issue to where when I would hold the phone at a certain angle the screen would just go ballistic. It wouldnt respond anymore and I had to soft reset the phone. I read on a few other boards that other people were having the same issue so I sent it back and they sent me another one. This one had a dead spot/pixels right in the center of the screen and it was noticeable from the first time I cut it on. And unlike the first one it had the pink blur in the center of pics that it took.. sent that one back and this one seems to be working fine.

Some would believe it's me but trust, I treat my phones like my kids. None of my phones have ever been dropped, exposed to moisture.. I dont even pocket my phones I keep them either in my hand or a belt clip. I dunno maybe I just have bad luck but I do see a good bit of complaints about htc's build quality but im guessing its hit or miss. I just found it hard to believe that it could just be ME to have that much bad luck with these phones. I had a friend that went through 5... yes...5 touch pro 2's before just giving up and switching to a 3gs.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: Sprint

wayubi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Nexus One is a wonderful phone .. But I'm going to give it up for an EVO 4G because I hate T-Mobile .. I noticed a lot of early complaints about the N1 were about the "connectivity" .. I blame T-Mobile for that ..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One