PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Google Nexus One (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Verizon Nexus One Releases April 12? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117659)

Geniuz650 04-10-2010 03:16 PM

Verizon Nexus One Releases April 12?

Could this be true? If so, I don't think the Sprint version should be taking too long to be released.

http://www.ozcarguide.com/technology...us-one-release

redd214 04-10-2010 04:08 PM

Re: Verizon Nexus One Releases April 12?

most articles ive read point to this being an announcement of Microsofts Project Pink Phones but who knows, guess we will see

Geniuz650 04-10-2010 08:35 PM

Yeah, I have a feeling it's not the Nexus One anymore.

davidetkin511 04-11-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGoodCat (Post 1677731)
i am over this phone. by the time it hits vzw, or sprint for that matter, it will be nearly 4 months old. that is far too old in "tech" time, especially to be paying full price, which i would have to. i have gotten used to having a dumbphone again and figure i might as well wait until something better comes out, at this rate it won't be too long

I agree with this. I have my droid and im very happy with it. when something better comes along i will get it. but the nexus one is basically a beta phone, its an experiment. im sure the nexus 2 will be amazing

Dragon2 04-11-2010 11:01 PM

Nexus one a beta phone? Experiment yes but its a well built phone no beta. Lol.... I love my nexus one, droids nice man but don't turn into the droid cult, nexus beats droids azs lol j/k, just saying... lol @ beta

Pao 04-12-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon2 (Post 1693981)
Nexus one a beta phone? Experiment yes but its a well built phone no beta. Lol.... I love my nexus one, droids nice man but don't turn into the droid cult, nexus beats droids azs lol j/k, just saying... lol @ beta

lol j/k, just saying...lol

:mrgreen:=D>
you win!

Dmordarski 04-12-2010 12:07 PM

Nexus 1 is nice, and the droid is nice, that being said the evo will be even nicer... and Im sure the Nexus 2 and droid 2 will be even better, the nature of the beast

Dragon2 04-12-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmordarski (Post 1694760)
Nexus 1 is nice, and the droid is nice, that being said the evo will be even nicer... and Im sure the Nexus 2 and droid 2 will be even better, the nature of the beast

Very true, I for one look for speed and updates, n1 will be as fast n smooth as the evo, I really don't need the 8 MP cam when my pics come out like this, I'm no photographer but I'd say I don't need 8 mp, or HDMI, it would be cool to have the HDMI but no deal breaker for me, I'd rather have gif support which froyo will soon have and the nexus will be the first to get it, also 4.3 is nice to use and browse, but 4.3 is too big in the pocket and another inch of glass to break when dropped...

Yes spec wise there's some better phones coming, but not enough in performance difference I'm sure for me to worry...

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/...d/61999779.jpg

p-slim 04-12-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon2 (Post 1695339)
Very true, I for one look for speed and updates, n1 will be as fast n smooth as the evo, I really don't need the 8 MP cam when my pics come out like this, I'm no photographer but I'd say I don't need 8 mp, or HDMI, it would be cool to have the HDMI but no deal breaker for me, I'd rather have gif support which froyo will soon have and the nexus will be the first to get it, also 4.3 is nice to use and browse, but 4.3 is too big in the pocket and another inch of glass to break when dropped...

Yes spec wise there's some better phones coming, but not enough in performance difference I'm sure for me to worry...

I have to agree, the pics that my phone takes is already amazing for a phone, also the camera specs is the last thing i think about when deciding a phone, though it is a great plus. i have tv out on my tp2 and granted its not hd its a feature i have never used nor intend to use anytime soon. The size of the nexus and the amoled display is what have me sold. Yes many will like the size of the evo but not everyone, its too big for my taste. I'm sold on the nexus line like people are sold on the iphone line up.

redd214 04-12-2010 08:49 PM

agreed slim, i tried the hd2 for a few days. i cant stand belt clips so my phones go in the pocket and i was so worried about breaking that damn thing! it was just way to big and too awkward. when making calls i felt like i was holding a damn laptop to my head, it felt ridiculous. im sure many will love it but its too much for me. will be picking up an incredible on launce day!