PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
T-Mobile Nexus One Insurance

I am considering buying an N1 from google, or could get one from a friend, the Google one can be insured, the friend one can't.

anyone know if the tmo insurance on the n1 is worth it? if lost/stolen how much is it for a new one (insured)?
Old 03-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: T-Mobile Nexus One Insurance

I found this site:

http://www.phoneclaim.com/t-mobile-program

Select Google and Nexus One. Deductible is $130 according to that. Looks like they use Asurion like everyone else too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I found this site:

http://www.phoneclaim.com/t-mobile-program

Select Google and Nexus One. Deductible is $130 according to that. Looks like they use Asurion like everyone else too.

thanks MF,

but with GSM, you can't just "disable the ESN" of a "stolen" nexus right? so hypothetically I could claim it lost, order one for $130, and sell the first for $500. Of course I'd never do that, but what I need to know is if I actually DO lose it or stolen, they def. will cover it?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Their system still uses an IMEI (ESN) number, so yes, they could flag it. The problem with GSM is that they could still take it to another carrier. For example, if someone stole your T-Mobile N1 and T-Mobile flagged it, they could take it to At&t and use it (Edge only of course). With CDMA, they're usually locked to the carrier unless they're able to flash it to something like MetroPCS or Cricket.

Your account info is on your SIM, but their system recognizes the IMEI, that's how they can change your data plan as soon as your SIM goes into a branded smartphone.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I have T-Mobile and if I lose my N1 there is nothing T-Mobile can do about it. Yes they can flag it but that only means the person who finds it cant get insurance on it, but there is no way for T-Mobile to disable the phone, even if they know the imei.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-27-2010, 10:42 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I don't think this is a good place to talk about this in the open forums. One thing leads to another. Just my 2cents....
Old 03-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have said nothing wrong, only how their process works, nor have I implied to do anything illegal. Just my 2cents.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:47 AM
tmz
VIP Member

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I have said nothing wrong, only how their process works, nor have I implied to do anything illegal. Just my 2cents.
Not incinuating you or anyone else did. It just seems that these type of topics always take a turn for the worst.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Not incinuating you or anyone else did. It just seems that these type of topics always take a turn for the worst.
Yeah, the op's question has been answered, they should close this one down.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:51 AM
tmz
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Yeah, the op's question has been answered, they should close this one down.
+1 for that...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One