PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Exchange Contacts Sorting

I have the At&t N1 and set it up with my Exchange server. The biggest issue I've run into is that the phone seems to ignore my File As setting for the contacts. Some of them are sorted as "first last" and others are "last, first", even though in Outlook they're all the same.

I've removed the account and set it back up again with the same result. Actually, after removing the account, the contacts didn't clear either, neither did the calendar.

I got the trial version of Touchdown, which eventually cleared the phone's contact list, but I could never get it to sync its contact database with the phone's. According to their FAQ there should be an option for it, but that never shows up for me.

It doesn't really matter to me if I have to use Touchdown to accomplish this or not, but if I do, then I want it to sync to my phone's database because I like the Favorites tab.

Any thoughts?

Also, while we're on the topic of Exchange, is there any way to make it sync more than 1 month of data without using a 3rd party app like Touchdown?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Exchange Contacts Sorting

Hey Frost,

In short the phone is just downloading a spreadsheet with 'most' of the contact data. I was under the impression that it doesn't even sync the 'File As' column. I'll try some testing on my Droid today to see if I can duplicate.

The native app will only sync a month of data.

One q: are you able to see the Global Address List on the N1 without needing to get another app? On the droid I need to download 'Corporate Directory' to search against my company GAL.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Exchange Contacts Sorting

It actually working fine after I unlocked it and flashed a different ROM. So with the stock ROM maybe if I wiped it and tried again it would have fixed it.

The 1 month thing does suck, so I'm comparing 3rd party apps like Touchdown to see what would be worth buying. You would think there would be a way around this. Its kinda of stupid to only have 1 month worth of emails available.

I don't use the GAL, but no, it wouldn't show up either unless I installed the CorpGAL apk floating around. I had to do the same thing with the calendar. The CorpCAL works good.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One