PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Cool should i upgrade from tp2?

should i upgrade to n1 from the tp2 when it comes to vzw?

any problems with the phone?

how are the apps?

thanks

Old 03-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff
Re: should i upgrade from tp2?

yes you should! hahaha

i have not personally held one or played with one, but just watching videos online made me jealous. i have a friend in the bay who got one for t-mobile and he has mixed feelings about it, but he came from a non touch screen phone. so most of his complaints are not the phones fault but simply him adapting to the new standard. but in all he says he loves it and is getting used to it.

personally a few reasons i am switching are that one i want a slimmer phone. trying to put the tp2 in my pocket was a joke, it felt like a brick in there. at the same time that was the keyboards fault. i also found myself using the physical keyboard less and less due to the screen being so large that the onscreen keyboard was not all that bad. two, i also grew tired of winmo, it can be great, but at the end of the day...well that was the problem, there was no end of the day, constantly modding/flashing/reformatting/recovering was getting old. with android i could be happy with it stock (however i am sure i will mod it too). and finally the android marketplace, so many useful apps that i can not wait to use!

so now i am patiently waiting its release. i think it will be a great phone that will last me awhile, at least to when wp7 has been out for a little bit, then i may switch back to that

EDIT: not sure about your tastes but the htc incredible will be out soon too. it has sense ui, an 8mp camera, at its snapdragon is underclocked to 700 something mhz, which will provide better battery life, and i am sure it can be overclocked (brought back to standard) when rooted. however i think the phone is hideous, at least from the leaks i have seen, but thats just me, could be a great phone for people who like its looks

Last edited by MrGoodCat; 03-15-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

I hate to admit it but i think wm is dead, at least until wm7 comes out development has pretty much stopped. I think i will get he n1.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
I hate to admit it but i think wm is dead, at least until wm7 comes out development has pretty much stopped. I think i will get he n1.
i agree. android will hold me over for a while. so far i really like what i see for wp7, but we still got a long time before thats all reality. plus another good reason to switch are all the a-holes in the tp2 forums, damn...brutal, haha. time to start learning android though...thats the only draw back i see
Old 03-16-2010, 08:41 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Android is so much better than windows mobile to me. I made the switch from the tp2 and only wish I had done it sooner.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:34 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I love my nexus coming from a tp2...
no issues for me....do it, you will not look back.... on another note, a dude at tmobile yesterday had a hd2, its beautiful and huge... definitely won't fit in a pocket.... for that and how much I love my n1 I'm staying nexus.... but the hd2 will win customers from all carriers. ...its better in person....

But yea. N1 takes poops on tp2
Old 03-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I'm with dragon2, as I use my nexus 1 I feel like its the best phone on this planet, I don't know how to explain it. You wont be sorry, make the switch day one, that way you wont have any regrets not doing it sooner.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

it dropped on at&t today...i am keeping my fingers crossed for next tuesdays verizon release, haha. please please

all this talk by p-slim and dragon2 makes me want it even more, gah, can't take it!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:32 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

@dragon2 / p-slim: How are you finding the keyboard on the N1...coming from a TP2? That's my biggest fear...constant typos and corrections???

Old 03-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
@dragon2 / p-slim: How are you finding the keyboard on the N1...coming from a TP2? That's my biggest fear...constant typos and corrections???
i've never had a device without a physical keyboard until now and i'm fine without it. on screen keyboard is better now that i've finally given a phone a try that didn't include one. the sip's are a lot better then they use to be.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One