PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 06:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc incredible
Carrier: big red

quest7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: should i upgrade from tp2?

dont mean to ride on your coat tails p-slim, but i have the tp2 also and tmobile told me that the moto cliq was the best android phone they had(sales rep), and that they would let me try it for 2 weeks. i want a solid os like the android seems to be, but dont know if the cliq is better than the tp2. any advice? thanks guys...
Old 03-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest7 View Post
dont mean to ride on your coat tails p-slim, but i have the tp2 also and tmobile told me that the moto cliq was the best android phone they had(sales rep), and that they would let me try it for 2 weeks. i want a solid os like the android seems to be, but dont know if the cliq is better than the tp2. any advice? thanks guys...
I'll be honest, the cliq is a nice phone but its not a high end android meaning it will be missing some features. For instance since the Droid and N1 have faster processors and screen resolution these are the only 2 "current" devices that will support adobe flash plus they get some games and apps only built for the upgraded hardware. I know its $100 more for the nexus 1 for existing customers but I think its worth it. I only say this because you're coming from a high end windows phone so you'll probably want the high end android.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-17-2010, 06:54 PM
N00b

quest7 is a n00b

i agree, im trying to order the nexus 1 now, but cant find the right site.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
i agree, im trying to order the nexus 1 now, but cant find the right site.
http://www.google.com/phone?utm_camp...rm=nexus%20one
Old 03-18-2010, 10:04 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
@dragon2 / p-slim: How are you finding the keyboard on the N1...coming from a TP2? That's my biggest fear...constant typos and corrections???
First phone I had was a htc touch, miserable to type on, then I got the tp1, also miserable but it had a hardware keyboard. Then I got a tp2, even with the 3.6 inch screen it was miserable cause us Gotta push so hard... now on my n1 typing is a breeze cause you don't push but only barely touch, and if you miss a letter its good at fixing it. Honestly I'm way faster on the n1 than even the tp2 hardware keyboard... its a breeze, and being so think makes it easier...... like slim said, this phones the shit and I feel the best on the planet as well...

Quote:
No way, n1 smashes it, the reps will tell you that because they don't sell the n1 in stores and won't make money if he sells you the n1 thats not even sold there... hell tell you the g1 is better also to make a sell.. why would he tell ya to go online instead of buying a Phone there?

N1 is fantastic, the network is a issue for some, but for me tmobile gets treat coverage... luckily if tmobilee isn't great in your area now theres options since its coming to all...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:46 PM
N00b

quest7 is a n00b

the sales rep told me, i would have to pay full price since i am not under a 2 year contract. then she said would i just like to wait till the hd2 comes out. she got my interest with the blockbuster app and snapdragon. i told her, that damn thing looks huge(i carry my phone in my pocket). but i may look at it as well.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:36 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
the sales rep told me, i would have to pay full price since i am not under a 2 year contract. then she said would i just like to wait till the hd2 comes out. she got my interest with the blockbuster app and snapdragon. i told her, that damn thing looks huge(i carry my phone in my pocket). but i may look at it as well.

I've seen hd2 in person.. although its beautiful its massive. ....
Old 03-19-2010, 11:44 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Android 2.1 >>>>>>> WinMo 6.5
Old 03-20-2010, 03:37 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Android 2.1 >>>>>>> WinMo 6.5

Hey brown, you sent your n1 back right? Man you should give it another shot, and if it was the network now you can choose the best for you as you know..... the n1 still gives me a raging you know what... I love this thing and mine is flawless....
However I do get awesome coverage on all carriers in portland....hope you find what ya need bro regardless if its the n1.... great phones coming...
Late
Old 03-20-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: rogers

maedhros is keeping up the good workmaedhros is keeping up the good work

I went from my tp2 to a Rogers HTC Magic running cupcake with HTC sense.

WOW.

I do NOT regret the upgrade AT ALL.

I dont even miss the hardware keyboard (ok maybe I do a little). The android apps are GREAT and the platform is much faster and more stable then WM.

Make the change to android you wont regret it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One