PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Google Nexus One (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   been quiet in here so (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111191)

Dragon2 02-17-2010 11:09 PM

been quiet in here so

I thought Id say how much I love my n1 and how hard it is to try and use my tp2 coming from this thing. Its a powerhouse....

Rock on n1 users.

p-slim 02-20-2010 11:41 AM

Re: been quiet in here so

Real talk, I love this over my tp2, its like the difference between night and day. The people without the nexus will never understand how by far this is the best phone on the market by leaps and bounds. The ui on this phone is killing all the other droids, even the new up coming models. The regular android ui is plain even though some of them use sense.

MrGoodCat 02-21-2010 01:37 AM

to be honest i have been thinking of switching to android. i am on the tp2 right now and despite the fact that i love customizing winmo, i am just about fed up with it. no matter how hard i try nothing ever works together. i have finally made it look decent, its just everything seems so independent. i like uniformity to an extent (no apple for me) but i crave customizing. so since google is releasing a vzw enabled n1 in spring i just may jump on it.

to anyone who has one....

do you think it would be wise to switch? sounds like i'll be paying full price to get it on vzw. i know its got great specs, but things move so fast in the silicon biz, that i am just worried that by the time the n1 hits vzw something newer and better will be just around the corner. however i guess thats how it always is...

is android just as simple to customize as winmo? does it require a linux os, or a lot of linux knowledge? i would be new to all of this. but i am a quick learner...

Dragon2 02-23-2010 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGoodCat (Post 1579865)
to be honest i have been thinking of switching to android. i am on the tp2 right now and despite the fact that i love customizing winmo, i am just about fed up with it. no matter how hard i try nothing ever works together. i have finally made it look decent, its just everything seems so independent. i like uniformity to an extent (no apple for me) but i crave customizing. so since google is releasing a vzw enabled n1 in spring i just may jump on it.

do you think it would be wise to switch? sounds like i'll be paying full price to get it on vzw. i know its got great specs, but things move so fast in the silicon biz, that i am just worried that by the time the n1 hits vzw something newer and better will be just around the corner. however i guess thats how it always is...

is android just as simple to customize as winmo? does it require a linux os, or a lot of linux knowledge? i would be new to all of this. but i am a quick learner...

It would definitely be a smart choice. I mean its specs wont be beat this yea IMO and if so maybe a Tad more ram n rom maybe..... its backed by Google giving frequent updates and its blazing fast...

IMO its also more customizable than winmmo, even the SMS/mms you fan customize....

You really can't get how nice it is till you got one, especially vs my tp2... that thing isn't even close.......

Its really nice.... my phone for 2010 and in not even looking to get another as this will be a competitor for a while..

And no it don't require Linux or knowledge of it... its so simple And everything helps you in the OS...

p-slim 02-23-2010 11:14 AM

The nexus is by far the best phone on the market. Like dragon said nothing us going yo beat Its showcase anytime soon. And whatever phone that does have better features they will be very minor like sense, but I have no use for sense on android also the ui is special in the nexus compared to any of the other droids, even the non released droids

spacegoat 02-24-2010 08:55 PM

I have had mine for about a week and I am loving it. Coming from WM to my nexus one has been a breath of fresh air. I love how it functions out of the box. Gorgeous, super fast phone.

NIKKG 02-26-2010 05:36 PM

When I had the Nexus for the short time, I did like it. It was my first Android phone. I would've kept it if it wasn't for T-Mobile service being bad. I got me the iPhone 3GS, its about as good as the Nexus, both phones were way better than the Touch Pro2 I had. However, the iphone apps are way better than Android. Just yesterday I found a Maxim mag app that pretty much gives you the whole magazine on your phone just like the real issue.

Once Android gets more developers to make apps for them, than Apple will have some real competition.

rainfreak 02-26-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGoodCat (Post 1579865)

You might just be in luck. I have been seeing news articles all day (via RSS) that a new Android phone just cleared the FCC for VZW and all the speculation, based on the model number, is that it is the Nexus One.

Here are just a few of the stories:

http://www.androidcentral.com/cdma-v...es-through-fcc

http://androidcommunity.com/verizon-...-fcc-20100226/

banden 02-27-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 1593572)
You might just be in luck. I have been seeing news articles all day (via RSS) that a new Android phone just cleared the FCC for VZW and all the speculation, based on the model number, is that it is the Nexus One.

Here are just a few of the stories:

http://www.androidcentral.com/cdma-v...es-through-fcc

http://androidcommunity.com/verizon-...-fcc-20100226/

Better yet, the incredible is looking to be a march release on Verizon. More Memory and Sense UI. I may even pass my droid off onto my wife for that phone.

Dragon2 02-27-2010 10:53 PM

That does look sweet. The incredible. If I were Verizon or sprint incredible or supersonic