PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Re: been quiet in here so

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Yes they have custom roms for android. But its not necessity like with winmo. For instance some people may want sense ui in their nexus or may want to overclock their proccessors. Plus some apps (like wifi tethering ) require root access.
Thanks
Where can I find the roms and info on how to root the phone?

Old 03-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
Thanks
Where can I find the roms and info on how to root the phone?
Roms, Root, and I recommend reading this. Remember rooting your phone voids your warranty.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Almost a VIP

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Roms, Root, and I recommend reading this. Remember rooting your phone voids your warranty.
When the verizon n1 comes out the roms wont work but will the root?
Old 03-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
When the verizon n1 comes out the roms wont work but will the root?
actually i forgot all about that, rooting your phone and those roms will not work for your n1. I personally haven't rooted my phone because i don't need wifi tethering, that would be the only reason that would compel me to root. I like the n1 ui better so I don't need sense and the snapdragon processor is so fast that overclocking isn't necessary.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

JIT on the N1 is the cat's meow. Doubles the speed. Check out cyanogen's mod.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:47 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Threadstarter

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by banden View Post
JIT on the N1 is the cat's meow. Doubles the speed. Check out cyanogen's mod.
I really don't need double speed with a custom rom because of the bugs, the tp2 kinda ruined custom roms for me, horrible roms I thought gsm side that is. I like stock for the updates and android 2.1 ui is nice...

Thats the beauty about this phone, no need to do any of that...
She's a beauty stock...
Old 03-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Almost a VIP

To get tethering to work do you just need to root the n1 then use stock or do you need to root it and flash a custom rom?
Old 03-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
To get tethering to work do you just need to root the n1 then use stock or do you need to root it and flash a custom rom?
USB tethering you don't need to root. For wifi tethering you only need to root and download an app no custom rom is necessary.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:03 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Threadstarter

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't need wifi tethering either... I use usb also...

At the moment I don't see any reason to root, now if they figure out how to unroot, then I may root.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

alright, screw you winmo, i am done. sellin my tp2 and movin on to android. just hope the n1 hits verizon somewhat soon. don't know how long i can last on my moto rival, haha.

i was wondering though. one big thing will be the lack of a physical keyboard. how is the onscreen keyboard? i found my self using the one on the tp2 sometimes when i was too lazy to open it (actually it was usually cause i didn't want to deal with the lag of winmo attempting to rotate the screen, haha). but yeah, for all those who have/had a tp2, is it a big shock, or somewhat easy to get used to thanks to the screen real estate?

also, how is the battery life compared to the tp2?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One