PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
T-Mobile 3G sucks

I love my Nexus One, but I hate T-Mobile's 3G, its very spotty. On their 3G map, they got my area showing its all 3G but that's BS. I think I'm going to stick with this phone for 10 more days than drop it and hope ATT gets the Nexus One or go to Sprint and get the Samsung Moment as a last resort. Also, T-Mobile doesn't give out any deals like Sprint does when you call retentions, they have become real cheap. To summarize, nice phone, but crappy service.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: T-Mobile 3G sucks

Theres an update coming out this week that is supposed to address your issue.i guess its an issue with the software.

EDIT:
Better yet: Instructions for Manually updating (does NOT require Root.)
Update Details: http://googlenexusoneboard.blogspot....nexus-one.html

Last edited by banden; 02-04-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: drod x
Carrier: verizon

jone216 is keeping up the good workjone216 is keeping up the good work

I hade t mobile for one week worst sevice ever
Old 02-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

not to add fuel to the fire.. but i also had t-mobile.the service was good. just not out in the country where i live..If i lived in say dallas.. i would have stuck with t-mobile..

But they do have alot of catching up to do as far as coverage..but sprint's got me covered lol.. even verizon,, but not gonna pay the high prices.

Always as a rule.. check coverage..dont trust the online coverage maps..lol find a person who has the service and have them follow u around to judge,lol
Old 02-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I ordered an iPhone 3Gs 32GB. ATT here in my area has much better service. Google is stupid for letting the Nexus One go to T-Mo first, I know its supposed to come to ATT eventually, but frankly, I'm sick of waiting, I just want a good phone that works with good service now. I'll wait till the end of the year to see what new toys are out before I get rid of the iPhone. I'm sure by than they'll be a Nexus Two and a iPhone 4G to keep me happy.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

well goodluck with the iphone..not for me,, but might suit ur needs better..( or rather att for the coverage that is..) im hooked on android....and the hero..but since my wife is the bread winner she is thinking bout leaving sprint for a iphone...me in staying with sprint and my hero...
Old 02-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
well goodluck with the iphone..not for me,, but might suit ur needs better..( or rather att for the coverage that is..) im hooked on android....and the hero..but since my wife is the bread winner she is thinking bout leaving sprint for a iphone...me in staying with sprint and my hero...
Iphone isn't too bad, you can jailbreak it and put on wifi router and other apps for free. Just last night watching the superbowl, I was over my friends house watching it on a 72" tv in the basement. My T-Mobile service would go out of range every time I put my Nexus in my pocket. Even the Edge service wasn't reliable. I looked at my friends iPhone with ATT, he had full bars and full 3G speed, I was jealous. That just proved to me how bad T-Mo sucks.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:34 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

now it might be a hardware problem with the nexus one. wouldn't that recall suck???
Old 02-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
now it might be a hardware problem with the nexus one. wouldn't that recall suck???
That would suck if that was the case but I don't think it is. I think T-Mobile just doest have nationwide coverage for 3g. You have to hope and pray your city is covered. I live in silicon valley so of course we get great service, hell metro customers even get great coverage in the bay area. But like you guys stated not everyone lives in silicon valley. We're getting hspa+ next month (they've already done the software update to te towers just waiting for the back haul now) my point it I agree with the op that tmobile 3g probably does suck in most areas but in my area T-Mobile is a force to be reckoned with, with no 3g problems whatsoever
Google is the next skynet
Old 02-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Yeah tmo is rolling out 3g all over the place now. We just got it here in st. louis, and it is stupid fast.

Sponsored by Kools.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One