PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Google Nexus One (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   T-Mobile 3G sucks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109407)

NIKKG 02-04-2010 02:42 PM

T-Mobile 3G sucks

I love my Nexus One, but I hate T-Mobile's 3G, its very spotty. On their 3G map, they got my area showing its all 3G but that's BS. I think I'm going to stick with this phone for 10 more days than drop it and hope ATT gets the Nexus One or go to Sprint and get the Samsung Moment as a last resort. Also, T-Mobile doesn't give out any deals like Sprint does when you call retentions, they have become real cheap. To summarize, nice phone, but crappy service.

banden 02-04-2010 04:28 PM

Re: T-Mobile 3G sucks

Theres an update coming out this week that is supposed to address your issue.i guess its an issue with the software.

EDIT:
Better yet: Instructions for Manually updating (does NOT require Root.)
Update Details: http://googlenexusoneboard.blogspot....nexus-one.html

jone216 02-06-2010 11:25 PM

I hade t mobile for one week worst sevice ever

spiritcrusher33 02-07-2010 04:24 PM

not to add fuel to the fire.. but i also had t-mobile.the service was good. just not out in the country where i live..If i lived in say dallas.. i would have stuck with t-mobile..

But they do have alot of catching up to do as far as coverage..but sprint's got me covered lol.. even verizon,, but not gonna pay the high prices.

Always as a rule.. check coverage..dont trust the online coverage maps..lol find a person who has the service and have them follow u around to judge,lol

NIKKG 02-07-2010 06:43 PM

I ordered an iPhone 3Gs 32GB. ATT here in my area has much better service. Google is stupid for letting the Nexus One go to T-Mo first, I know its supposed to come to ATT eventually, but frankly, I'm sick of waiting, I just want a good phone that works with good service now. I'll wait till the end of the year to see what new toys are out before I get rid of the iPhone. I'm sure by than they'll be a Nexus Two and a iPhone 4G to keep me happy.

spiritcrusher33 02-07-2010 08:52 PM

well goodluck with the iphone..not for me,, but might suit ur needs better..( or rather att for the coverage that is..) im hooked on android....and the hero..but since my wife is the bread winner she is thinking bout leaving sprint for a iphone...me in staying with sprint and my hero...

NIKKG 02-08-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 (Post 1548877)
well goodluck with the iphone..not for me,, but might suit ur needs better..( or rather att for the coverage that is..) im hooked on android....and the hero..but since my wife is the bread winner she is thinking bout leaving sprint for a iphone...me in staying with sprint and my hero...

Iphone isn't too bad, you can jailbreak it and put on wifi router and other apps for free. Just last night watching the superbowl, I was over my friends house watching it on a 72" tv in the basement. My T-Mobile service would go out of range every time I put my Nexus in my pocket. Even the Edge service wasn't reliable. I looked at my friends iPhone with ATT, he had full bars and full 3G speed, I was jealous. That just proved to me how bad T-Mo sucks.

nrfitchett4 02-16-2010 03:34 AM

now it might be a hardware problem with the nexus one. wouldn't that recall suck???

p-slim 02-20-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1568596)
now it might be a hardware problem with the nexus one. wouldn't that recall suck???

That would suck if that was the case but I don't think it is. I think T-Mobile just doest have nationwide coverage for 3g. You have to hope and pray your city is covered. I live in silicon valley so of course we get great service, hell metro customers even get great coverage in the bay area. But like you guys stated not everyone lives in silicon valley. We're getting hspa+ next month (they've already done the software update to te towers just waiting for the back haul now) my point it I agree with the op that tmobile 3g probably does suck in most areas but in my area T-Mobile is a force to be reckoned with, with no 3g problems whatsoever

bradart 02-27-2010 10:58 AM

Yeah tmo is rolling out 3g all over the place now. We just got it here in st. louis, and it is stupid fast.