PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

token2k6 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem w/ Zagg invisiShield and Official Nexus One Docking Station

Ok, so after buying a Zagg invisiShield full body for my TP2 and my wife's G1, my friend dangled the Nexus One in front of my eyes to behold. It is truly breathtaking and an awesome looking device. I instantly said, "we are going to the mall to put a Zagg on there." It took a little convincing, but after seeing mine and liking it, and figured it would be a good way to protect his investment, we went for it.

Everything was great with the shield. The guy took his time, didn't rush it, came out very nice. All blemishes, as always, were gone by the next morning. The next day, I get a call from him saying that he was now mad at me, and I my life was possibly in jeopardy. See, I made him spend $40 on the shield, but he spent an extra $40 w/ the phone to get the official Nexus One docking station that serves as an alarm clock type device.

Well, for 3 days, it was docking fine every night, then the first time he tried it after the Zagg install, it would not dock. He double checked all the plugs, tried different outlets, even brought it to his office. It appears that the Zagg shield IS thick enough to cause the phone to not make a proper connection to the base station.

Of course a quick call to Zagg customer service said they could not help, they weren't responsible for accessories, but this is an official product that came from the makers of the phone. I could understand if it was some third party accessory I got for $15, but not this, its almost as if it could be included in the box, as part of the phone. I think Zagg should take all this into consideration and give some support to anyone else having this problem with the Nexus One. All I asked was if we could have the back shield modified or cut at the kiosk to mount up w/ the base correctly. THEN they tell me that their kiosks are 3rd party resellers, and the only Zagg stores are in Salt Lake City. That is crazy! those kiosks certainly look like an official store backed front, not some crazy guys selling stolen goods. for $40 a pop, they sure do act like they are the real deal.

If anyone has had these problem, let me know. thanks!!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

token2k6 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problem w/ Zagg invisiShield and Official Nexus One Docking Station

Ok, well finally fixed this issue (with no help from Zagg) I got to go over to my buddies place and see this dock. I guess I was being ignorant by assuming since it was a dock, it would probably have prongs that protrude into the phone. Well, I was wrong. Seems the dock just has little slivers of metal (3) that make contact with strips on the back/bottom of the phone. Thinking he was crazy that the thickness of the Zagg was causing it not to make contact, sure enough it was. Well, prior to me getting there, he already took off all the bottom pieces and side pieces, while retaining as much of the shield as possible (full front, 70% back, top) He dropped it on there, worked perfectly.

So, I guess anyone looking to get a Zagg or something out there for their Nexus One, if you're going full body and have/want to get this dock, do not have them put the shield on the bottom or side. that is all!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One

Tags
invisible shield, nexus one, problem, zagg