PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 11:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Theutus is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who all is jumping ship to T-Mobile for the Nexus?

Assuming the phone is officially announced on the 5th, and the specs are solid... I think i'm going to take the "contract change" way out of my sprint contract (just got a TP2).

I had a chance to play with the Droid Eris a bit over christmas, and the OS is just really smooth. Plus the app-store is full of free apps unlike the Microsoft store which charges for everything....

I hate to leave Sprint, but I really really want an android phone now... Anyone else planning on jumping ship?

Also, how is T-Mobiles network in relation to Sprints? I'm kind of nervous switching carriers...
Old 12-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Who all is jumping ship to T-Mobile for the Nexus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theutus View Post
Assuming the phone is officially announced on the 5th, and the specs are solid... I think i'm going to take the "contract change" way out of my sprint contract (just got a TP2).

I had a chance to play with the Droid Eris a bit over christmas, and the OS is just really smooth. Plus the app-store is full of free apps unlike the Microsoft store which charges for everything....

I hate to leave Sprint, but I really really want an android phone now... Anyone else planning on jumping ship?

Also, how is T-Mobiles network in relation to Sprints? I'm kind of nervous switching carriers...
If you're on sprint now and want to stay with them and you liked the eris, why don't you get a hero? It's the same guts as the eris. Sure the Nexus One will have better specs but if you want to stay sprint, the hero is a great android phone.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Theutus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukay View Post
If you're on sprint now and want to stay with them and you liked the eris, why don't you get a hero? It's the same guts as the eris. Sure the Nexus One will have better specs but if you want to stay sprint, the hero is a great android phone.
I was actually about to pull the trigger on the Hero to be honest. From all the reviews/impressions i've seen of the Nexus though, it seems like it is a LOT better performance wise than the hero.

I'm also not really a fan of the looks of the hero, and I love the design of the Nexus... All in all, i just think the pro's of the Nexus outweigh the con's of taking a lesser phone (at full purchase price) to stay with sprint....
Old 12-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Or hang in there with your TP2 until Android gets ported over... That's what I'm doing... Been with WM for some time now and just got my girl the Hero and I'm lovin' it...

I'm eagerly awaiting the ported version of Android for the TP2... It's real close...

Check out the site:
http://www.androidonhtc.com/rhodium/port_status

It's being followed closely in the TP2 forum here on PPCGs:
http://www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102603

And here's the development thread over at XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=596370

Can you tell I'm following this subject closely?!?!
Old 12-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theutus View Post
I was actually about to pull the trigger on the Hero to be honest. From all the reviews/impressions i've seen of the Nexus though, it seems like it is a LOT better performance wise than the hero.

I'm also not really a fan of the looks of the hero, and I love the design of the Nexus... All in all, i just think the pro's of the Nexus outweigh the con's of taking a lesser phone (at full purchase price) to stay with sprint....
Yeah the Nexus does look a lot nicer and it's 1 ghz snapdragon is a beast, I just wasn't sure about how much you wanted to stay with sprint. If I start to have any problems with my hero or with sprint in the coming couple of weeks I may just use the January fee increase to get out of sprint and sign up for T-Mobile.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

slbailey1 is keeping up the good workslbailey1 is keeping up the good work

I will wait a year before I consider leaving Sprint. With the slow rollout of Android versions to the Hero, I may get a Google Phone.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

It's not Microsoft that charges for the applications it's the developers. I suspect Google develops most of their own applications so they don't charge for them. The applications Microsoft writes in house are free on Marketplace.

I would say to make sure you can get good service where you live and where you travel too.

These carriers with not so good coverage seem to be doing these exclusive deals to draw people in.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

capthr is keeping up the good workcapthr is keeping up the good work

I might wait to see if Sprint gets this:
http://pocketnow.com/rumor/motorola-...ndows-mobile-7

Most rumors have it as Android not wm
Old 01-01-2010, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

I know it doesn't have as much heat on it as the rest of the newly released phones, but you may give the Moment a look over. I went from a TP, and was absolutely scared of the change over, but from my personal experiences, I am really satisfied. I have friends with Hero's, and from playing with them side-by-side, yes, the Hero is a more "developer friendly" phone, and has more spotlight, but my Moment was definitely quicker with the 800Mhz processor. The screen is bigger on the Nexus, yes, but I've played with up-and-coming phones with that big of screen, and I have to say it's way too big. It was uncomfortable to reach half a mile to touch buttons. I'd say stick with Sprint...data is faster here than on T-Mobile, plus the plans are a little pricey for smartphone users. Just a little input.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It is coming to Verizon. I rather jump ship to verizon for it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One