PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got my Nexus One Today!

Coming from a TP2, all I can say is WOWWWWWW!!

This thing not only kills the TP2, but it mutilates it and rapes its mother too. You literally can't even compare, its like night and day.

I had an iPhone 3G and this thing beats it too. The way Android is expanding, iPhone OS will be a distant 2nd soon and Palm's WebOS will probably be out of business.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Got my Nexus One Today!

congrats! i hope it's everything you want in a cell phone...'til the next new thing comes out!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:48 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Awesome bro. I feel the same way.. way better tHan my tp2
Old 02-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
Awesome bro. I feel the same way.. way better tHan my tp2
Are you getting 3g inside buildings? Everytime I'm inside my office it drops down to Edge and I have to use Wifi to get decent decent speed. I had the same problem last year on the iphone 3g with ATT.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
Are you getting 3g inside buildings? Everytime I'm inside my office it drops down to Edge and I have to use Wifi to get decent decent speed. I had the same problem last year on the iphone 3g with ATT.
I'm confused, aren't you on sprint?
Old 02-03-2010, 06:07 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
No. I get good 3g when its around... signal is the same as my tp2.... good.... Although I moved and now all my phones have had signal.... even my tp2.. so I got mifi to help with that.. so no, not any worst than my other phones
Old 02-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff

I posted this in another thread, but Google has released an update that fixes 3G issues and also unlocks some cool features like multi-touch in browser/maps:

It will be released OTA over the next couple weeks; however you can manually update: Instructions for Manually updating (does NOT require Root.)
Update Details: http://googlenexusoneboard.blogspot....nexus-one.html
Old 02-10-2010, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

mp3ster is a n00b

cant wait for this bad boy to be released on verizon. Im pumped!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

i did the manual update, but has anybody got the ota update yet?
Google is the next skynet
Old 02-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Did anyone have issues with the screen alignment being way off at times? I had to restart my phone to get it working right. Also, the update didn't do much for me, it seemed to make the phone worse, I was constantly having dropped calls.

Anyways, I switched to iPhone 3GS and ATT, all I can say is that ATT is WAY better than the T-Mobile, I get full 3G bars at work and home while T-MO only had 3G when I was outside. Also, the DL speed from ATT is a little over 2.2 MB's while T-Mobile is getting 563 K. If I were you guys, I'd wait for the Nexus to hit ATT instead of sticking to T-Mo.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One