PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 06:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

kinglance82 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who all is jumping ship to T-Mobile for the Nexus?

only two problems.

1 The nexus i am ready to buy now unlocked, but there is no warranty or service plan according to the people i talked to at T-mobile.
2 From what I can translate from the terms there are two 45$ fees to return the phone if you dont like T-mobile. Has anyone else heard otherwise because this seems, really lame.

If i could get it from Best Buy or Tmo and get a service plan, i would buy it right now....
I had the Hero for a month and hated it for lag and battery life, i dont like having to plug in every 5 hours. I was looking at the my touch 3g, basically a GSM Hero with no Sense UI but almost double the battery life. But now waiting for the Nexus, just not certain about Tmo..
Old 01-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglance82 View Post
only two problems.

1 The nexus i am ready to buy now unlocked, but there is no warranty or service plan according to the people i talked to at T-mobile.
2 From what I can translate from the terms there are two 45$ fees to return the phone if you dont like T-mobile. Has anyone else heard otherwise because this seems, really lame.

If i could get it from Best Buy or Tmo and get a service plan, i would buy it right now....
I had the Hero for a month and hated it for lag and battery life, i dont like having to plug in every 5 hours. I was looking at the my touch 3g, basically a GSM Hero with no Sense UI but almost double the battery life. But now waiting for the Nexus, just not certain about Tmo..
first off the neus one specs say it only has agps (no true gps) and that in its self is a deal breaker for me even when it hit verizon!! check the google provided specs here

two ans this is two the above quote the touch 3g is not a gsm verison of the hero!! the hero u have on sprint is a cdma version of the oringal hero whice started as a gsm phone! the mytouch 3g is a entry level phone for tmoblie with andriod to be the other half to the g1. simular to touch por and the diamond!! in other words the gsm hero> cdma hero> verizon driod eris are all the same!(except for cell radio tech)

Old 01-08-2010, 02:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

jaypr9 is just getting started

I've already jumped ship. I was on sprint with a diamond and took the contract change way out. My contract was up in July. I really havent been able to play with it much one difference so far is my place of employment I would not get a sprint signal I am now able to get signal with TMOBILE.

Sprint wasnt bad at all to me, hate that everyone used to talk crap about sprint but I never had any problems with them really besides signal at my job wasnt great. I really think it all depends on your location for your best carrier signal wise.

Anyway I really wanted a android phone but I didnt want the same 'ole specs (like the hero) and the nexus one came out just at the right time.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: spcs

biggggant is just getting started

whats the contract change?
Old 01-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggggant View Post
whats the contract change?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101608
Old 01-11-2010, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started

i actually really liked sprint, but been itching for android for a minute. after himming and hawing about the nexus one all weekend, i bit the bullet and jumped today. prolly have it in my hot little fist on wednesday or thursday
Old 01-13-2010, 04:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja

im jumping over in a few weeks, my contract with sprint expired 2 weeks ago and i really want an android phone after playing with my cousins motorola droid for a week

getting the unlocked one and selling my TP2 to make up for most of the cost of the nexus one
Old 01-14-2010, 09:28 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Does anyone here know if it will sync with MS Exchange?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx 99$ UnlimiTed EvErYtHiNg

Romeo5k is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Romeo5k

I did.. i Jumped SHIP!! Seriously.. but i got issues and need help.. and no one is here to to help.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started

what do you need romeo? i have mine.

xda-dev has a great forum for the N1, btw.

and, don't unlock the BL unless you're ready to give up your warranty. there's no workaround yet

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One