PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Sprint not too enthusiastic on Windows Phone 7 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148677)

DavidinCT 01-11-2012 08:57 PM

Sprint not too enthusiastic on Windows Phone 7

From WPcentral...

Waiting for Sprint to introduce a new Windows Phone? I wouldn't expect anything too soon.
Sprint's Vice President of Product Realization David Owens let it be known that while the wireless carrier is bulking up its LTE lineup it will be with Android devices for now. Sprint may take another chance at Windows Phone in the August-September time frame.
"We have a Windows device in our lineup, but honestly, it hasn't done well enough for us to jump back into the fire. We told Microsoft: You guys have to go build the enthusiasm for the product."
Owens also stated the the number one reason the HTC Arrive, Sprint's only Windows Phone, was returned was the user experience. Sprint's Director of Product Development Lois Fagan added,
"We want to participate in the market, but we can't build that brand by ourself. We're cautiously optimistic, but [Windows Phone] just hasn't taken off."
The news shouldn't be much of a shocker. While the Arrive has been on Sprint for some time, Sprint has done very little to promote the Windows Phone platform. Android devices, on the other hand seem to be centerpiece of their ad campaigns. Can anyone remember any Windows Phone commercials from Sprint?
While Microsoft and the hardware manufacturers should do their part in promoting Windows Phone devices, but Sprint needs to step up to the plate as well.

Link:
Sprint not too enthusiastic on Windows Phones | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

WOW, just like how I feel with Verizon....

Dr.8820 01-12-2012 12:03 AM

Wirelessly posted (ACS WP7 Guide Mango'd: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

...not to mention Sprint put the Arrive on the trade in website page for the iPhone 3 months after it came out...

eric12341 01-12-2012 12:14 AM

Re: Sprint not too enthusiastic on Windows Phone 7

So glad I'm not with them muthafuckers anymore

DavidinCT 01-12-2012 12:30 AM

Yea, Sprint is just as bad as Verizon...

I wish TMO or AT&T had better coverage, I might attempt a change myself. Verizon is not doing much better for options.

At least the Trophy is going to get a update, so maybe Vzw does care about WP7 a little, I just hope they find a way to get the Nokia 900/Ace... I want that phone

darren.wlsn1 01-12-2012 02:02 AM

could be because android just took over #1 slot over ios....

fixxxer2012 01-12-2012 02:06 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I agree with sprints comments, sorry eric and no im not trolling.

steveo70 01-12-2012 03:05 AM

@eric12341 Glad I switched too. How can you give it any chance with one phone choice? I loved the Arrive but wanted away from the keyboard, wanted any increase in screen size, most importantly be able to send a simple text w/out the character restriction. I personally purchase an average a phone each year. Being a loyal Sprint customer since '99, I don't think it is too much to ask for more than 1 choice. I hold no hard feelings towards them but it was time to move on to a carrier that could fill my needs. When a provider only offers 1 phone choice for a year, how could anyone expect it to do well? Everyone likes choices and I'm not the only one who has divorced Sprint after a long relationship. Only had my Titan for a month and now ready to check out the Lumia 900. I admit most of us here are much more into phones/technology than the average user but 1 choice? What if your 1 Android choice was the Kyocera Echo, just sayin.

Dr.8820 01-12-2012 07:53 AM

Wirelessly posted (ACS WP7 Guide Mango'd: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I agree with sprints comments, sorry eric and no im not trolling.

Please don't think I'm picking on you, but please expand on this...because I don't know why Sprint and Verizon doesn't put these high standards in place for other OS's? (anyone seen a 4g BlackBerry or iPhone on either of these networks...?)

Dr.8820 01-12-2012 08:19 AM

...just wanted to add that @fixxxer, show me one phone carrier of WP with a bad rating...the Sprint guy says returns were high because of "user experience"...the Arrive is one of their highest rated phones...the people who ACTUALLY use them don't have a problem....

darren.wlsn1 01-12-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2164078)

...just wanted to add that @Fixxxer, show me one phone carrier of WP with a bad rating...the Sprint guy says returns were high because of "user experience"...the Arrive is one of their highest rated phones...the people who ACTUALLY use them don't have a problem....

but i think "user experience" in the arrives case means the user hated it from what i read>