PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 12:32 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint not too enthusiastic on Windows Phone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@brownhornet oh really? Is this why the radar and lumia 710 are the top selling and top rated phones on T-mobile right now? Reason for lack of sales is because the carriers haven't been trained on the phones or because they just don't like Microsoft and as such they sabotage sales. T-Mobile so far is the only carrier that is advertising WP, they have posters up in their stores and not a single commercial break on telemundo or Univision go by without seeing the lumia,in fact I've seen more WP commercials on those networks than I have with android.
Which T-mobile are you talking about? US one? If so the top 3 selling phones for dec 2011 were:

#1-Galaxy s2
#2-HTC Amaze
#3-HTC Radar

The Top Selling T-Mobile Phones For The End Of 2011 Are…

Also, I don't think there is a conspiracy against MS :/, people of course will push users with phones they are more familiar with but again that is not exactly hating on the other phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
I'm just waiting for Google to start making their Motorola based Android phones and start pissing off Samsung, HTC and whoever else so that those companies will ditch Android and fall back on old reliable = Microsoft!
Never going to happen. It makes no logical sense for them to do this because Google is a software company not a hardware company. Google makes most of its money on Adsense so the more phones that use google the better for them. To say Google will privilege motorola over the others to make money on hardware would be like assuming Microsoft is going to stop making Windows operating system so they can focus on Bing.

Quote:
Back on topic.... These carriers' employees just push whatever makes the most money for them. I recently heard about Microsoft pushing incentives to the sales reps and if that happens I think we'll start to see a swing for the better saleswise.
I have people all of the time talking with me about their crappy Android but not so much on the iPhone. The type of phone someone uses should be sold to them based on how they're going to use the device and not just because of the trend etc. - That's where the sales people fall down.

Looking for Nokia to wow everyone with that 900 next month!
From what I understand most places tend to pay equal commission regardless on which phone a person buys. It may matter if its a more expensive phone, then yes they would probably get more commission. But I don't think its a platform thing. (Though iphone I hear is smaller commission in some places I hear). So if commission is the same, people most likely push whichever phone they themselves use just like all people.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

@gTen Number 3 is good that means that it's selling in addition to this I'm also starting to see more people with T-mobile windows phones on the bus and such (HD7 and radar, haven't seen lumia yet).
Old 02-25-2012, 11:42 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
With windows phone sales, or the lack thereof across all carriers I dont see how anyone could blame them. I said from the start WP7 wouldn't pick up much steam no matter how many phones they come out with because they still have the stigma of it being a WINDOWS Mobile phone and most people with experiences with them hated em.

They gained literally no marketshare last year so you cant be mad at a carrier for not wanting to take a risk and invest in a phone that's not gonna sell. That's just business...the same way Tmobile was the only one that really took a risk with Android. The difference is, WP7 won't blow up like Android did because of it's past OS reputation. People acted like I was trolling on here but I said this is how it was gonna go from the start.
WP7 is widely expected to be the solid "third choice" and first choice for business users, cannibalizing RIM's market share, in the next 12-18 months.

The marketing and cash payouts to sales people are just starting to happen this spring. Check back in the fall and see how your prediction looks then.

Sprint sucks all around handset-wise, anyway... they didn't believe in the iPhone, either. They nailed that one.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:45 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Which T-mobile are you talking about? US one? If so the top 3 selling phones for dec 2011 were:

#1-Galaxy s2
#2-HTC Amaze
#3-HTC Radar

The Top Selling T-Mobile Phones For The End Of 2011 Areā€¦
"Right now" is February 2012. It is highly unlikely that the Nokia phone, which had not been released in the US in December of last year, was the top seller in December of last year.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:50 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
WP7 is widely expected to be the solid "third choice" and first choice for business users, cannibalizing RIM's market share, in the next 12-18 months.
I don't think WP7 is a first choice for business users. The reason why RIM had the advantage was corporate mandated the use of RIM devices. Most companies I know that gave up RIM allowed users to get whatever they want and by the looks of it most of them have iphones :/

Quote:
Sprint sucks all around handset-wise, anyway... they didn't believe in the iPhone, either. They nailed that one.
Verizon is the one that didn't believe in the iphone, sprint spent everything they had to try to create the 2nd coming of the iphone ever since the original Instinct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
"Right now" is February 2012. It is highly unlikely that the Nokia phone, which had not been released in the US in December of last year, was the top seller in December of last year.
I only gave data for what stats are available. The radar was available thats for sure and I am pretty sure the radar is outselling the Lumia here in the US. simply because Nokia while HUGE abroad is nobody in the US at the moment. And considering the TOTAL sales of Nokia Lumia it would not be enough to get it first place. We will know for sure though once results for 2012Q1 come in though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions