PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (ACS WP7 Guide Mango'd: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

From what I'm reading and hearing from folks, most people are complaining about the data speeds, not the OS.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (ACS WP7 Guide Mango'd: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

Sprint users have spoken, Verizon link in the comments...

http://www.wpcentral.com/sprint-user...execs-comments

Last edited by Dr.8820; 01-12-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: fixed link
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Sprint not too enthusiastic on Windows Phone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (ACS WP7 Guide Mango'd: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

Sprint users have spoken, Verizon link in the comments...

Sprint users petition for WP7 after exec's comments | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
Signed it as well. thanks for posting. Total BS they can't offer at least one updated w7 device before fall 2012.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Not like their network could bring out the best in them anyway but still.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Signed it as well. thanks for posting. Total BS they can't offer at least one updated w7 device before fall 2012.
Agreed 100%.... Verizon needs to get off their A$$ and give customers what they want, Not just what they think they want.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 01-15-2012, 05:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Also signed and signed it where it counts, cancelling my contract and moved on, letting them know specifically my reasons for leaving. Still don't understand how an OS can be judged by only 1 phone. To me it says take it or leave it. Even the non poweruser that might have never heard of "Windows Mobile" might simply NOT decide on WP7 and the "Arrive" due to screen size, keyboard,or manufacturer. Half the people I know simply buy phones on price, recommendation of the rep, friend, biggest screen size, no keyboard, thinnest profile, or lightest weight, advertisement (bad M$ bad), as well as, what everyone else is using (Android/Iphone). Still, one choice is not a good way to judge what people want when different criteria apply. It will be interesting to see how the "publicized" Titan II, Nokia 900, and the budget friendly 710 (esp Wal Mart) play out. Will our frustrations be justified that the average user will want Windows Phone? Not everyone cares enough to "jump ship" for a phone like I did.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Not everyone cares enough to "jump ship" for a phone like I did.
Your right, here in US the ETF holds a mythical power to people, and people are willing to sign 2 year contracts for devices that claim to be "future proof" aka 2 years worth of updates. Ironically if people truely cared about that, iOS and Windows Phone would be the logical choices. Not all Android OEMs can update or will update their devices to "Ice Cream" for example, and maybe they don't need to...

At first I was annoyed that Sprint wasn't bringing a new device to the table. They didnt promote Windows Phone other than a press release, and from my experience at the authorized retail store showed a lack of: placement of a running model, to education- from calling the phone "Windows Mobile", to how they handled the device, and reading from the box the features.

"User experience". The same can be said for any of Sprints devices that are only operating on their 3G network. The wait for another Windows Phone will not be so bad IF the next device is LTE/Apollo. I like the looks of the Nokia Lumia 900 and HTC Titan II, but I would rather have next gen software/hardware built into the device. I think we can agree that would be better than feeling like HTC Titan owners now...
Old 01-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Also signed and signed it where it counts, cancelling my contract and moved on, letting them know specifically my reasons for leaving. Still don't understand how an OS can be judged by only 1 phone. To me it says take it or leave it. Even the non poweruser that might have never heard of "Windows Mobile" might simply NOT decide on WP7 and the "Arrive" due to screen size, keyboard,or manufacturer. Half the people I know simply buy phones on price, recommendation of the rep, friend, biggest screen size, no keyboard, thinnest profile, or lightest weight, advertisement (bad M$ bad), as well as, what everyone else is using (Android/Iphone). Still, one choice is not a good way to judge what people want when different criteria apply. It will be interesting to see how the "publicized" Titan II, Nokia 900, and the budget friendly 710 (esp Wal Mart) play out. Will our frustrations be justified that the average user will want Windows Phone? Not everyone cares enough to "jump ship" for a phone like I did.
Best way to show your displeasure is to spend your money elsewhere, make sense Steve and you did the right thing. I certainly agree with you guys that one device is not enough and truthfully I'm surprised Microsoft didn't influence the carriers more to get a couple more devices in the fold at Verizon and Sprint.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by afolayan702 View Post

"User experience". The same can be said for any of Sprints devices that are only operating on their 3G network.
Isn't that the truth. If the network is subpar so will the user experience on any device whether it be Android, W7, or the Iphone. Frankly my wife has the iphone on verizon and our 3g coverage is so bad in my house it made her dislike the phone. Logging onto facebook, streaming video, you name it was a chore. Of course wifi fixed that but the network certainly impacts the users experience.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afolayan702 View Post
The wait for another Windows Phone will not be so bad IF the next device is LTE/Apollo. I like the looks of the Nokia Lumia 900 and HTC Titan II, but I would rather have next gen software/hardware built into the device. I think we can agree that would be better than feeling like HTC Titan owners now...
Hey, I am one of those Titan owners right now! LOL! It actually feels good. I at least know new devices are coming down the pipeline. If my complaint was no choice, I definitely can't complain about too many. I agree, I it will probably suck for those who don't keep up with the rumor mill but that's the nature of the beast.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions