PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users

I also don't see how security holes won't come... It's actually part of the mobile OS waiting to be exploited in my opinion :S

If an app maker makes a phone book app, it'll need access to it. And Google/Apple/MS all allow this because they want to promote people to make apps for phones. The difference is that the app makers mostly doesn't use this access with ill intent. But people will once it becomes profitable for them :S

WP7 is "malware" free like how macbook/linux are "malware" free (they aren't really...) but because MS holds lions share of PCs, they get hit more. WP7 is now the underdog and claims what macbook/linux users did in past...
Old 03-18-2012, 01:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

As to the question to the OP.....

Everyone is not at this site. This site has been proven for most of the mods to have Android or iPhoneys. They should change the name to AndroidiPhonegeeks.com as PocketPC/WIndows Mobile/WP7 is what created this site and they dont care about it any more.

XDA, WPcentral, 4pda are better WP7 sites. They have many posts every day about Windows Phone 7. I have not been here in 2 weeks and no more than 1-2 new threads.

I was here every day, 2-3 posts a day at least, now, this will be my first post in about a month.

If you love Android, good for you, if you love your iPhoney, good for you. We love WP7 and still feel it's the better of the OSes. And I have used the iPhone and Android for a while.

To each their own but, If you came to this site for Windows Phone 7 info or discussions, you will be very disapointed...

Sorry PPCgeeks, That is how I feel about it and watching for the last year, that is the way it is...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
I see you're still up to your old non-sense huh eric? I don't think you clearly comprehend the meaning of what a troll is so here's the definition from wikipedia for ya..

Troll (Internet):
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Sorry to burst your bubble(had to steal that one rrjskj ) but that "@_rootlinux malware included." comment definitely falls under this category, as you were trying to get a reaction from rootlinux, so I 100% agree with fixxxer on calling you a troll!! This thread being in the wp7 section has nothing to do with anything and def doesn't give you a free pass to be a d-bag here yet again!! I mean seriously dude..there's no need to turn everything into a wp7 vs android or t-mobile vs sprint battle..just give it a rest already!! I thought your previous excuse was cause you had a bad 2011..now what gives??

Edit: be sure to check out the cage..left ya something
@lnando84 I'm not up to any old nonsense, all I was trying to say was that android has security issues. I guess that's a crime around these parts.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
As to the question to the OP.....

Everyone is not at this site. This site has been proven for most of the mods to have Android or iPhoneys. They should change the name to AndroidiPhonegeeks.com as PocketPC/WIndows Mobile/WP7 is what created this site and they dont care about it any more.

XDA, WPcentral, 4pda are better WP7 sites. They have many posts every day about Windows Phone 7. I have not been here in 2 weeks and no more than 1-2 new threads.

I was here every day, 2-3 posts a day at least, now, this will be my first post in about a month.

If you love Android, good for you, if you love your iPhoney, good for you. We love WP7 and still feel it's the better of the OSes. And I have used the iPhone and Android for a while.

To each their own but, If you came to this site for Windows Phone 7 info or discussions, you will be very disapointed...

Sorry PPCgeeks, That is how I feel about it and watching for the last year, that is the way it is...
@DavidinCT yea I'm usually at xda and WPCentral too but I still come here first. Xda has done a great job cleaning out the wp7 bashers, don't see as many anymore.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:27 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I have nothing against WP7.
All I was doing was answering a question about choices.
Currently WP7 doesn't allow all the features Android does.

As for not being a WP7 site.
Well we need more people here using it.
Am not up on the phone myself because I don't have one.
The reason is, it is not an open platform ( same as iphone) therefore can't imo be as customized as Android.
How many custom roms are there for it?
Do any custom roms add anything new or useful?

If a user is looking for a new device and needs features that only another os offers, why would we point them to a device that won't do what they need?

In any case, this thread has gotten way off topic.

If there isn't anything useful to be added to the topic I think we should take any personal disputes to pms or the cage.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I have nothing against WP7.
All I was doing was answering a question about choices.
Currently WP7 doesn't allow all the features Android does.

As for not being a WP7 site.
Well we need more people here using it.
Am not up on the phone myself because I don't have one.
The reason is, it is not an open platform ( same as iphone) therefore can't imo be as customized as Android.
How many custom roms are there for it?
Do any custom roms add anything new or useful?

If a user is looking for a new device and needs features that only another os offers, why would we point them to a device that won't do what they need?

In any case, this thread has gotten way off topic.

If there isn't anything useful to be added to the topic I think we should take any personal disputes to pms or the cage.
there are a few custom roms for the first Gen devices. They pretty much unlock the device which can allow for homebrew apps and regedits,but I am not interested in them as my HD7 stock does everything I need it to do and runs as great as I need it to.

Last edited by eric12341; 03-18-2012 at 09:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:56 AM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
there are a few custom roms for the first Gen devices. They pretty much unlock the device which can allow for homebrew apps and regedits,but I am not interested in them as my HD7 stock does everything I need it to do and runs as great as I need it to.
Thanks eric,
I may try to find a device to play with. Just so I can have some hands on.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I'd agree that if a user needs a specific function they should jump on the platform that works for their needs. It's a trade-off balance between performance & function that has to be weighed in.

I personally need:

Rock solid performance (no force closes, no need to manage the @^#& OS's memory manually)
No degradation of performance (not slowing down from data overload)
Close to perfect Exchange translation calendar & contacts (no additional apps needed)
Music player that works right with phone calls, incoming text's etc.

My wife's EVO 4G has problem after problem software wise that is a huge cause for concern. A friend of mine has a Galaxy S II and seems to run O.K.
But for me, the whole app in, app out search for data it pretty old and outdated. The integrated features and slickness of the way a phone should work is found in Windows Phone 7. I need speed for the EVERYDAY tasks, not the one-off occasional uses for a phone. To some people like me their phone is a tool meant to be used to communicate quickly and efficiently. Seen the Smoked by Windows Phone challenges?

Yes, I don't spend much time on these forums because I'm not always needing to find solutions to fix my WP7 problems. If I had to use an Android phone for work I'd be posting up a storm over in that forum(s). I'm not currently doing anything on the other WP7 forums but I do listen to the WPCentral podcast. I suspect there haven't been any new PPCgeeks podcasts because there's no time left for those who used to do it. They must be wasting it wallowing in extensive research and support for their personal Android devices.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:06 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
I'd agree that if a user needs a specific function they should jump on the platform that works for their needs. It's a trade-off balance between performance & function that has to be weighed in.

I personally need:

Rock solid performance (no force closes, no need to manage the @^#& OS's memory manually)
No degradation of performance (not slowing down from data overload)
Close to perfect Exchange translation calendar & contacts (no additional apps needed)
Music player that works right with phone calls, incoming text's etc.

My wife's EVO 4G has problem after problem software wise that is a huge cause for concern. A friend of mine has a Galaxy S II and seems to run O.K.
But for me, the whole app in, app out search for data it pretty old and outdated. The integrated features and slickness of the way a phone should work is found in Windows Phone 7. I need speed for the EVERYDAY tasks, not the one-off occasional uses for a phone. To some people like me their phone is a tool meant to be used to communicate quickly and efficiently. Seen the Smoked by Windows Phone challenges?

Yes, I don't spend much time on these forums because I'm not always needing to find solutions to fix my WP7 problems. If I had to use an Android phone for work I'd be posting up a storm over in that forum(s). I'm not currently doing anything on the other WP7 forums but I do listen to the WPCentral podcast. I suspect there haven't been any new PPCgeeks podcasts because there's no time left for those who used to do it. They must be wasting it wallowing in extensive research and support for their personal Android devices.
I personally have zero issues on my EVO.
I was actually off the forums for about a year because it runs so well. It all has to do with custom roms.
I have five solid roms in rotation on my sd card. All running flawless completely from sd.

I can't comment on how well the WP runs because I don't have one.
Reading comments on the forums I see there are some things it can't do. If those things are not an issue for the people using it then it probably is an awesome device.

I am actually glad WP does run so well because we need good compitition in the market.
Force companies to keep getting better and bring new stuff to the table.

Winmo 6.5 will always be one of my favorites.
Was thinking about getting a WP till the EVO came out.

Both devices have some give and take I guess.

As for podcasts, there is talk of getting it going again.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Nice to see I got some action. I really love WM6.5 with custom ROM. I'm just starting to get some problems with Synchronization, I can see the Daylight savings time will be a problem, and I need a new phone before the back falls off this one. But I cannot loose Several features. I will keep reading and learning. Perhaps WP8 will be my solution.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions