PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users

I have real concerns with Google and their data mining. At least with Activesync USB, I control my data.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:32 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I have real concerns with Google and their data mining. At least with Activesync USB, I control my data.
I don't feel google would do it anymore than microsoft.
People just like to bash google more now.
Go back a few years and it was the same for microsoft.

I had windows mobile for years and loved it.
Problem is wp7 is more restricted.
Same reason I won't buy an iphone. I like freedom.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep

We already know google is doing more with it than anyone ever has. But by bluetooth local sync or usb, I do not even need connectivity. It reduces my data usage as well. Better integration for synchronization. I know there are options for sync. Great listing of them here. Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange
What do you use?
Old 03-16-2012, 11:43 AM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
I usually sync to drop box.
HTC Sync on pc sometimes.
With dropbox I can access everything anywhere.
I do however really like backup to gmail as I can switch devices or any of my sd roms and sync everything between them.
Very handy and windows mobile had something kinda like it but not as detailed.
I can print off emails or texts right from gmail.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2012, 02:07 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@rootlinux malware included.

you know eric i know you LOVE wp7 but im getting a bit tired of your trolling and constantly bashing android. im telling you please refrain from it in the future.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
you know eric i know you LOVE wp7 but im getting a bit tired of your trolling and constantly bashing android. im telling you please refrain from it in the future.
Don't crucify @eric12341 for telling it like it is. Take up your arguments with this guy:

CrowdStrike CEO George Kurtz to reveal 'major mobile exploit' at RSA - ComputerworldUK.com

"
A significant vulnerability affecting all versions of the Webkit mobile browser could give malware complete control of your phone. The malware could listen in on your conversations, view through your camera and record everything in your email and messages. It can also track your locations at the time. George Kurtz, CEO of the new security company CrowdStrike, said that he'll demonstrate how the vulnerability works at a presentation at RSA tomorrow.
According to Kurtz, the new vulnerability affects all Android, iOS and newer BlackBerry devices. It does not affect devices running Microsoft Windows Phone 7. Kurtz said this means virtually every smartphone and tablet in use globally shares this vulnerability. Worse, security software currently available for mobile devices won't detect such malware and won't protect against it."
Old 03-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
@fixxxer2012 it's true. Plus I can say whatever I want about android as long as I'm not going to the Android section to say it (which I don't) that's trolling.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:48 AM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
Don't crucify @eric12341 for telling it like it is. Take up your arguments with this guy:

CrowdStrike CEO George Kurtz to reveal 'major mobile exploit' at RSA - ComputerworldUK.com

"
A significant vulnerability affecting all versions of the Webkit mobile browser could give malware complete control of your phone. The malware could listen in on your conversations, view through your camera and record everything in your email and messages. It can also track your locations at the time. George Kurtz, CEO of the new security company CrowdStrike, said that he'll demonstrate how the vulnerability works at a presentation at RSA tomorrow.
According to Kurtz, the new vulnerability affects all Android, iOS and newer BlackBerry devices. It does not affect devices running Microsoft Windows Phone 7. Kurtz said this means virtually every smartphone and tablet in use globally shares this vulnerability. Worse, security software currently available for mobile devices won't detect such malware and won't protect against it."
Umm not to burst ones bubble but seriously how long do u think its gonna last till someone finds an exploit to do send maleware to wp7 devices so unless ur Jesus I dont see anyone being crucified
Old 03-18-2012, 05:49 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@fixxxer2012 it's true. Plus I can say whatever I want about android as long as I'm not going to the Android section to say it (which I don't) that's trolling.
I see you're still up to your old non-sense huh eric? I don't think you clearly comprehend the meaning of what a troll is so here's the definition from wikipedia for ya..

Troll (Internet):
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Sorry to burst your bubble(had to steal that one rrjskj ) but that "@_rootlinux malware included." comment definitely falls under this category, as you were trying to get a reaction from rootlinux, so I 100% agree with fixxxer on calling you a troll!! This thread being in the wp7 section has nothing to do with anything and def doesn't give you a free pass to be a d-bag here yet again!! I mean seriously dude..there's no need to turn everything into a wp7 vs android or t-mobile vs sprint battle..just give it a rest already!! I thought your previous excuse was cause you had a bad 2011..now what gives??

Edit: be sure to check out the cage..left ya something

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 03-18-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:44 AM
The Rootinator

Have we ever had anything Microsoft that wasn't full of security holes?
My first PC was Windows 3.1 and 90mghz.
Every version of Windows has security problems including mobile.

Not bashing wp7 but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know security issues are a part of any os.
If they build it hackers will come.
Fact of life.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions