PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 04:39 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First link is all predictions.

Second link is from 2011.
So it doesn't say anything useful to us today.

Third link just says excedded expectations. What does that mean?
Could just mean they sold more than they thought.

Nothing proves the claims that two of the top three are wp.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:46 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users

Radar 4g was #3 in nov2011 - dec 2011, as of latest results which I am guessing are jan/feb Radar 4g dropped and now Lumia is #3.

http://www-bgr-com.vimg.net/wp-conte...d-dec-2011.jpg

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-22-2012, 08:44 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Radar 4g was #3 in nov2011 - dec 2011, as of latest results which I am guessing are jan/feb Radar 4g dropped and now Lumia is #3.

http://www-bgr-com.vimg.net/wp-conte...d-dec-2011.jpg
That is what I am seeing.
Device 1 and 2 are Android.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
First link is all predictions.

Second link is from 2011.
So it doesn't say anything useful to us today.

Third link just says excedded expectations. What does that mean?
Could just mean they sold more than they thought.

Nothing proves the claims that two of the top three are wp.
didn't read more closely at it. Here

Quote:
As of today, the Lumia 710 is T-Mobile's third best selling device--a level we have never seen reached for any Windows Phone in the US. Likewise, the device is in the same spot for user satisfaction with a 4.7 stars (out of 5) from 115 reviews (interestingly, the HTC Radar is number two).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
That is what I am seeing.
Device 1 and 2 are Android.
3rd place is good,its progress.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
didn't read more closely at it. Here

Quote:
As of today, the Lumia 710 is T-Mobile's third best selling device--a level we have never seen reached for any Windows Phone in the US. Likewise, the device is in the same spot for user satisfaction with a 4.7 stars (out of 5) from 115 reviews (interestingly, the HTC Radar is number two).
You mean the user satisfaction rating? personally I wouldn't trust those too much. Simply because unlike say sprint which requires you to actually be a sprint member to write a review for some reason T-mobile allows anyone with with an email regardless of whether you own the phone or not to vote. Not saying that its wrong, just saying that the numbers can easily be manipulated.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:24 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

yet verizon and sprint have seemingly jumped off the wp7 bandwagon.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I'd believe it, but sadly the tmobile stores (3 of them near me) had no windows phone to demo :S I got to see it at a ATT store when I checked out the note :S

Can't say that I'm not impressed with it, but I also can't say I'd want one (I'm not into social media so a "connected" phone isn't for me so much as a "tinkering" phone) I can't say that windows phone isn't good to mess with, but I don't have one and well, can't really sit down and tinker with it while the store rep is standing next to you...
Old 03-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You mean the user satisfaction rating? personally I wouldn't trust those too much. Simply because unlike say sprint which requires you to actually be a sprint member to write a review for some reason T-mobile allows anyone with with an email regardless of whether you own the phone or not to vote. Not saying that its wrong, just saying that the numbers can easily be manipulated.
I mean the sales, the article I quoted mentions both sales and ratings.

Here's another:

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/03/t-mob...for-lumia-710/

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
yet verizon and sprint have seemingly jumped off the wp7 bandwagon.
Verizon maybe , sprint not so much according to this article:

Sprint Windows Phone with Qualcomm LTE chipset is entering testing phases, tip insiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeB View Post
I'd believe it, but sadly the tmobile stores (3 of them near me) had no windows phone to demo :S I got to see it at a ATT store when I checked out the note :S

Can't say that I'm not impressed with it, but I also can't say I'd want one (I'm not into social media so a "connected" phone isn't for me so much as a "tinkering" phone) I can't say that windows phone isn't good to mess with, but I don't have one and well, can't really sit down and tinker with it while the store rep is standing next to you...
T-mobile doesn't have any demo units out, you have to ask a rep to see one.

Last edited by eric12341; 03-22-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:49 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

IF THAT ARTICLE IS ANY INDICATION OF POWAH, IT SAYS IT WILL SHIP WITH A SNAPDRAGON SOC. LE BOO.
YES IM YELLING.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I don't see how WP7 could have destroyed a platform that was already obsolete. WM6.x had like 1% marketshare if that, I bet WP7 has already overtaken it. MS knew this was a 5 year plan. How many G1s sold when Android first came out, it was a joke. Android? what the hell was that? an ugly keyboard phone that was slow and buggy and was nothing compared to the iphone....

I am like REALLY excited about Windows 8, think about it, it will be across all platforms, ARM versions WP8, man it looks really cool. And WP7 is really sleek. I prefer Android, but WP7 is lightyears better than WM6.x, and I was a flashing junkie! I loved cooking ROMs on my diamond, but it cannot be denied how un-user-friendly WM was.

It will also raise the bar for Jellybean and Key Lime Pie as well iOS6 and 7 because they know that MS is not going away.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions