PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148090)

GoodThings2Life 11-28-2011 10:29 PM

Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users

aximtreo ... I totally agree! I hate to sound like a typical Apple fan, but my Arrive (and soon my TITAN) ... well, it just works. I don't have to fuss with it.

As long as Microsoft continues to promote new devices and applications, the platform will succeed.

fixxxer2012 11-28-2011 10:40 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

To each their own.

darren.wlsn1 11-30-2011 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2157078)
@darren.wlsn1 shoulda put a smiley or something on it to indicate it was a joke. Sorry about that then.

Also look at the time I made that post, how some people usually are when first wakin up.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3353/24717482.jpg

sleepyha 12-02-2011 04:45 PM

i've been part of this site since i had a 6700 as the phones got better it was a question of... what can i get it to do next.. now with the new windows phone... there's NOTHING i can make it do that it doesnt already do.

really, now a days there's no real reason for us windows phone users to log in often.

i just keep hoping that there's been some magnificent discovery that's going to change something. lol

Dr.8820 12-02-2011 06:26 PM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

How many of you guys have ..I'm a WP7 app or Qik app, let's start a movement!

steveo70 12-02-2011 06:47 PM

Running I'm a WP7,

Arrived from my T7575 using Board Express

kyderr 03-15-2012 09:00 AM

Couldn't Figure out where to put this, so I'll start it here. I am on the TP2 Running the famous Energy ROM, Highly customized so it would work. I want to move to a new phone, but I cannot see a good option out there. I started doing some research on Windows Phone 7 and I DO NOT like what I am learning. I sync using USB, Bluetooth, exchange, and activesync. I sync to two computers, and one exchange server. I use external storage, and I do file synchronization with Goodsync. None of this is possible on Windows Phone 7. I found this article:

Exchange ActiveSync Considerations When Using Windows Phone 7 Clients - TechNet Articles - Home - TechNet Wiki

Which scares me. Basically there is a table about halfway down the article which lists a bunch of flags. Stuff Like:

DisableRemoveableStorage Always returns TRUE (Windows Phone 7 doesn’t support removable storage).

DisableDesktopSync Always returns TRUE (Windows Phone 7 doesn’t support synchronization with desktop Outlook, only media sync via Zune).

Someone give me some hope.

rootlinux 03-15-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyderr (Post 2172747)
Couldn't Figure out where to put this, so I'll start it here. I am on the TP2 Running the famous Energy ROM, Highly customized so it would work. I want to move to a new phone, but I cannot see a good option out there. I started doing some research on Windows Phone 7 and I DO NOT like what I am learning. I sync using USB, Bluetooth, exchange, and activesync. I sync to two computers, and one exchange server. I use external storage, and I do file synchronization with Goodsync. None of this is possible on Windows Phone 7. I found this article:

Exchange ActiveSync Considerations When Using Windows Phone 7 Clients - TechNet Articles - Home - TechNet Wiki

Which scares me. Basically there is a table about halfway down the article which lists a bunch of flags. Stuff Like:

DisableRemoveableStorage Always returns TRUE (Windows Phone 7 doesn’t support removable storage).

DisableDesktopSync Always returns TRUE (Windows Phone 7 doesn’t support synchronization with desktop Outlook, only media sync via Zune).

Someone give me some hope.

Android will do everything you mentioned. ;)

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

eric12341 03-15-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rootlinux (Post 2172788)
Android will do everything you mentioned. ;)

@rootlinux malware included.

@kyderr WP doesn't support mass storage but it does support SkyDrive which is similar to goodsync I would think. The exchange server should also be able to keep the phone and the 2 computers all updated. Once windows 8 comes out the SkyDrive only thing will fall into place but rumor is that wp8 will have support for microSD cards.

rootlinux 03-16-2012 12:05 AM

Malware included?

I do not own a wp7 device but I do know Android does support every feature he is looking for.
He is looking for a new device that will do every thing he listed.

Like you said when windows 8 comes out.
Not a lot of good if he needs it now or uses something other than windows.
Android will connect to everything from windows to linux to mac.

Just answering his request with an honest answer.