PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 09:55 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
I need answers on win7

Guys,
I havent had a chance yet to toy with win7 or 7 and a half

I need recommendation on either existing win 7 devices or upcoming. HTC is alright, upcoming Nokia maybe interesting. All suggestions welcome and appreciated
Keyboard isnt a must at all

Looking for some that will work on the Canadian side

What do you guys use for GPS? as I understand all 6.5 apps dont work on 7, shame

More to come but this will be a start.

any one carrying an HD2 Telstra version T9193? this was side question

Alright bring it on as I dont wish to use an iphone.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

What's up! As far as service, get gsm (you already know this) and try to see what frequency they use in the area you'll be in. The Samsung Focus S looks like a winner, also the Titan looks good. As far as gps, I'm using Garmin, Bing maps, and Google pro maps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:24 AM
DaFlowMaster
Threadstarter

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: I need answers on win7

Whats up dawg, all good man.
I wish the TP2 had the right frequencies for where I will be. I even looked at scoring an HD2 t9193, Aussie version and stay with 6.5 for a while but nothing yet. So I am open to possibilities. How is the HD7 IF U used it.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

I posted this in another thread, but I got a new lappy and was using the HD2 for tethering..T-Mo gave me a sweet deal on a mobile hotspot, so I hurried and ran back to the HD7! Don't get me wrong, Winmo 6.5 will also hold a special place in my heart, but WP7 is way too smooth and everything just works with no hacking required .
Old 11-05-2011, 12:36 PM
DaFlowMaster
Threadstarter

i have no doubt dawg, i just need apps to run on that thang. I dont care for bing or google , I need some Ndrive, Tomtom,Iguidance.....i need the cooked up isht, nomsayin
Old 11-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Account Disabled

It's coming, I'm not 100% sold on the Chevron unlocker...I know you can side load with one of the hacks out there, but it's a shitload of work to get thru all the steps.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I think @Dr.8820 pretty much said it all, I'm all for the HTC Titan but I only wish that it would come to Tmo USA. Most carriers do however support the standard unlocked versions of a phone except those that also use the AWS bands (1700/2100mhz, Tmo USA for example). As for GPS there are a wealth of apps on the market and some even allow offline maps.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:42 PM
DaFlowMaster
Threadstarter

Titan is worth a look, gotta have an unlocked version of any ppc I get , one option i may have is Bell mobility, get 35% off the bill through a friend.
So umMa keep digging,
Yeah offline maps are the way to go , i never had a prob locking to Satellites with all my HTC's in a matter of seconds without net.
I will watch that Chevron biz too, i ust want to have wide variety of apps that are compatible...for now there isnt much. But i can keep TP2 as a GPS unit and occasional phone through some prepaid Sim.
If 2100 could do , I will stick with TP2 for a lil longer

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions