PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   I need answers on win7 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147859)

HBOOT 11-04-2011 09:55 AM

I need answers on win7

Guys,
I havent had a chance yet to toy with win7 or 7 and a half:mrgreen:

I need recommendation on either existing win 7 devices or upcoming. HTC is alright, upcoming Nokia maybe interesting. All suggestions welcome and appreciated
Keyboard isnt a must at all

Looking for some that will work on the Canadian side

What do you guys use for GPS? as I understand all 6.5 apps dont work on 7, shame

More to come but this will be a start.

any one carrying an HD2 Telstra version T9193? this was side question :headbang:

Alright bring it on as I dont wish to use an iphone.

Dr.8820 11-04-2011 12:04 PM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

What's up! As far as service, get gsm (you already know this) and try to see what frequency they use in the area you'll be in. The Samsung Focus S looks like a winner, also the Titan looks good. As far as gps, I'm using Garmin, Bing maps, and Google pro maps.

HBOOT 11-05-2011 06:24 AM

Re: I need answers on win7

Whats up dawg, all good man.
I wish the TP2 had the right frequencies for where I will be. I even looked at scoring an HD2 t9193, Aussie version and stay with 6.5 for a while but nothing yet. So I am open to possibilities. How is the HD7 IF U used it.:dontknow:

Dr.8820 11-05-2011 12:22 PM

I posted this in another thread, but I got a new lappy and was using the HD2 for tethering..T-Mo gave me a sweet deal on a mobile hotspot, so I hurried and ran back to the HD7! Don't get me wrong, Winmo 6.5 will also hold a special place in my heart, but WP7 is way too smooth and everything just works with no hacking required :).

HBOOT 11-05-2011 12:36 PM

i have no doubt dawg, i just need apps to run on that thang. I dont care for bing or google , I need some Ndrive, Tomtom,Iguidance.....i need the cooked up isht, nomsayin :twisted:

Dr.8820 11-05-2011 01:11 PM

It's coming, I'm not 100% sold on the Chevron unlocker...I know you can side load with one of the hacks out there, but it's a shitload of work to get thru all the steps.

eric12341 11-05-2011 01:31 PM

I think @Dr.8820 pretty much said it all, I'm all for the HTC Titan but I only wish that it would come to Tmo USA. Most carriers do however support the standard unlocked versions of a phone except those that also use the AWS bands (1700/2100mhz, Tmo USA for example). As for GPS there are a wealth of apps on the market and some even allow offline maps.

HBOOT 11-05-2011 01:42 PM

Titan is worth a look, gotta have an unlocked version of any ppc I get , one option i may have is Bell mobility, get 35% off the bill through a friend.
So umMa keep digging,
Yeah offline maps are the way to go , i never had a prob locking to Satellites with all my HTC's in a matter of seconds without net.
I will watch that Chevron biz too, i ust want to have wide variety of apps that are compatible...for now there isnt much. But i can keep TP2 as a GPS unit and occasional phone through some prepaid Sim.
If 2100 could do , I will stick with TP2 for a lil longer