PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   WP7 Mango vs iOS5 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147638)

deadwrong03 10-21-2011 10:04 PM

WP7 Mango vs iOS5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKfvUIZn7PA

Looks like wp7 >>>> to me

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

eric12341 10-21-2011 11:18 PM

Re: WP7 Mango vs iOS5

can't watch that video even with HQ disabled because of my ever so shitty sprint "3G" connection

steveo70 10-22-2011 04:53 AM

This is a good comparison on WMPoweruser...highlights how BOTH OS systems are similar and what works best for the end user. As a WP7 user, of course I'm biased and for the reasons highlighted. It would be nice if every customer had a working device at Target, WalMart, or a non biased rep ect..to choose from to make their own decision. This isn't your "old WinMo" albeit, I do miss the good times of customization and comradery of the Mogul/TP/TP2. I don't miss the frustrations.

Dr.8820 10-22-2011 07:08 AM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

I don't get into these debates anymore, it's pointless...but I always call myself a WP7 beta tester because I wanted something that just works :).

rrjskj 10-22-2011 08:31 PM

sorry op off topic i know ..
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2151631)
can't watch that video even with HQ disabled because of my ever so shitty sprint "3G" connection

@eric12341 have u contacted sprint about that issue maybe they can do something for ya as far as signal goes maybe even send u an airrave it working pretty well with my arrive and my evo may take alot of bitching at them but eventually they will pass u along to the right people ..

eric12341 10-22-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrjskj (Post 2151766)
sorry op off topic i know ..

@eric12341 have u contacted sprint about that issue maybe they can do something for ya as far as signal goes maybe even send u an airrave it working pretty well with my arrive and my evo may take alot of bitching at them but eventually they will pass u along to the right people ..

@rrjskj I've been on them ever since February over this issue, they also wanted to charge me for the airwave but i said forget it and y should i have to use one to get the speeds advertised that i get just fine overnight and have gotten no matter what time in '09 and '10. they've promised me 2 dates that the tower would be fixed and failed to meet both of them. so today i emailed dan@sprint.com so now I'm preparing to leave and head over to t-mobile then I'll come back to sprint when the network vision rollout is complete.

rrjskj 10-22-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2151770)
@rrjskj I've been on them ever since February over this issue, they also wanted to charge me for the airwave but i said forget it and y should i have to use one to get the speeds advertised that i get just fine overnight and have gotten no matter what time in '09 and '10. they've promised me 2 dates that the tower would be fixed and failed to meet both of them. so today i emailed dan@sprint.com so now I'm preparing to leave and head over to t-mobile then I'll come back to sprint when the network vision rollout is complete.

@ eric12341 it was just a suggestion . thats ur choice not everywhere get's the best signal even if they say ur in the best coverage area, i dunno ur tower situation but they should have offered u a better solution by now i guess i can't complain since i got mines for free after 3weeks of telling them i ain't paying for anything but it does work ..anyways it was a thought ..good luck with whatever u decide to do .

esqueue 10-23-2011 03:34 PM

The link doesn't work at all for me but there really isn't a better phone operating system. They each have their pros and cons. I haven't used ios but I've heard that it is very stable and have lots of apps. They pretty much get everything first. I could care less about most of them but some I want and don't know if I'll ever get them. That was one of the cons that I was willing to live with. Android is fully customizable and also has features that were available and functioned well on my TP2 such as custom roms being made that supports wireless tethering and doesn't have an annoying cap that limits the size I can download from the phone itself. Some of these limitations are due to me being on CDMA though as it seems that cooks are on GSM. Only time will tell how much WP7 grows.

I played with a few evos and didn't like them. Was planning on getting an epic but was put off by how long it took to get it's updates. It was a good mixture of not wanting to deal with malware, stability and speed which is why "I" chose wp7.

deadwrong03 10-23-2011 07:09 PM

^^ try the link now i edited the link should work now

yankees45us 10-23-2011 08:06 PM

I myself have used Android for the past couple years. But I have used ios and wp7 for a short period. I myself like both but due to restrictions on ios I never used it as my daily phone. On wp7 I was waiting for mango to use it on a regular basis. Now I'm waiting for a decent wp7 phone on Sprint although the arrive is nice. In the end I'll probably stick with Android but right now ios is no longer the top dog. There are plenty of choices. I myself would choose wp7 over ios especially with apple being bullies when it comes to competition. All they are doing is stifling innovation which is bad for the consumer.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network