PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Zune Pass Price Drop 9.99 Oct 3rd (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147254)

deadwrong03 09-29-2011 01:11 PM

Zune Pass Price Drop 9.99 Oct 3rd

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wpcms_produc...rge/zuneus.png
Good news and bad news for Zune Pass subscribers or potential new customers. On October 3rd, Microsoft will be making some changes to our beloved system and some of it makes sense, while other aspects are a little disappointing.
First off, the Zune Pass will effectively drop from $14.99 a month to $9.99 a month for new customers (or those wishing to 'downgrade'). As a trade off though, you're going to loose the ability keep those 10 MP3s every month, meaning they are going strictly streaming. Finally, you'll be able to only sync up to four devices (down from six) with 1 PC + any combination of PC, Zune device and Windows Phone. Xbox 360 and PC streaming of course do not count towards that four-device limit.
If you're already on the $14.99 a month plan, the good news is you can stay there and keep getting your MP3s. But new customers will be effectively cut-off from such a deal starting October 3rd, meaning if you want those features (and we're think they're pretty good), then you best sign up now--maybe even get a year pass and save $50.
One last change, which is a good one, is you'll soon be able to stream "tens of thousands" music videos to your Zune PC and Xbox 360 (this fall). Up till now, you had to actually pay for music videos, which always seemed just wrong. No word if Windows Phone will get the same feature.
Source: Zune Insider

Changes to the Zune Pass for U.S. subscribers coming October 3rd | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

i might actually get one now what all does it do? from my understanding u stream everything they have so which really would eliminate the point of loading ur memory card up with music right??

eric12341 09-29-2011 01:46 PM

Re: Zune Pass Price Drop 9.99 Oct 3rd

this is good news especially since rhapsody offers a similar service for $9.99 a month. they made this move before rhapsody updated their app for mango. u can stream all the songs u want and download them in .wma format and keep them for as long as u keep paying. losing the 10mp3s isn't a problem for me since I rarely ever used them so I guess I'll have to cancel my subscription and then re-sign up for one.

steveo70 09-29-2011 10:28 PM

@eric12341, won't they let you just downgrade w/out cancel and renew?

Dr.8820 09-30-2011 12:49 AM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

I've got the original plan, grandfathered and I use the credits to update my cd songs...plus now we get unlimited video streaming..beautiful.

deadwrong03 09-30-2011 01:44 AM

wait so zune pass includes video streaming as well????

Dr.8820 09-30-2011 01:57 AM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

it will...:)!

Dr.8820 09-30-2011 02:00 AM

it will...:)!

eric12341 09-30-2011 06:39 AM

now if only they'll bring that video streaming to wp7. vevo is nice and all but it's not hardware accelerated like the default player is.

JohnMcD348 09-30-2011 08:29 AM

Sounds like they're taking a cue from NetFlicks. I haven't used Zune for MP3 music since I guess I'm just old school and most of the stuff they have really doesn't appeal to me. I still get most of my music the old fashioned way, DDL sites, (Just kidding.....) Stores. I like the Disc, both clear plastic and Vinyl, and like to have my collection online also, I just buy the disc, rip it to the PC and create my own for replay later. can';t say I can see paying for the privilege to listen to something you can't own. Makes about as much sense as paying for Satellite radio to listen to the same stuff you can get free over the air on AM/FM.

But, I'm just old like that.