PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   iHeartRadio app no longer working in Mango. What other apps doing the same? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147246)

JohnMcD348 09-28-2011 11:40 PM

iHeartRadio app no longer working in Mango. What other apps doing the same?

First Mango glitch for me. iHeartRadio won't install and run on Mango. When I go to the site it tells me the app is not available for my device, or is exclusive to a particular provider or just not available in my region.

WTH eck? It worked fine with Nodo, now it suddenly doesn't? Can't even find it in Marketplace, even though on the iHR site, it says it's now compatible with Mango.

Anyone else running the app on their phone?

eric12341 09-28-2011 11:50 PM

Re: iHeartRadio app no longer working in Mango. What other apps doing the same?

I just played a station for a bit after reading this post. no problems here and I've had it installed since the first mango beta. it must be ready to get updated for mango tho which is y ur having issues and personally I'd stay away from it Till its updated for mango. tuneIN on the other hand received a mango update this morning and its fantastic.

Dr.8820 09-29-2011 12:49 AM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

If you forced the update, some apps take time to update.

JohnMcD348 09-29-2011 01:15 AM

Oh OK, that explains it then. Like I said in the OP, it made reference to it possibly being restricted due to my region. I thought it strange that their website would tout it being updated for Mango, yet I can't even find it on Marketplace. It'll probably be out in a couple of weeks after Sprint officially pushes it out for the rest of us.

steveo70 10-05-2011 04:34 AM

update.....good to go now

iHeartRadio goes to v3.0 and is ready for Mango | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

JohnMcD348 10-05-2011 06:42 AM

I still can't get it to come up on marketplace when I search for it. All I get is 2 or 3 music files I could download. I had it on NoDo but it jst doesn't I've me the option to get and install it again after the update.

Update: ok, nevermind. I just rechecked and installed iHR. Just read the link also. I guess it went live on marketplace early this morning. I just checked for it about 12:30, 1am this morning and it wasn't up.

Thanks for the link

DavidinCT 10-05-2011 10:57 AM

If you have that type of problem with a app update (not showing a update but, you know it's available), uninstall your app, go back in the marketplace and reinstall. You'll get the updated app (it always checks against your account so you'll never have to re-pay for an app)

JohnMcD348 10-05-2011 11:04 AM

Well, again, that was the odd thing. After I updated to Mango, the app was no longer on my phone. I can't say if it showed in my account since I never really checked my Zune for it. But, most of the other programs that were installed prior to forcing the update were still on the phone and a few even went into automatic update once the Mango was finished installing. I went back to install iHR since I listen to a few ClearChannel stations regularly and it didn't show up on Marketplace. I checked their website and it showed there was a Mango version available but, for some reason, at the time, it wasn't showing up on Marketplace when I looked for it.

Even this pasted morning around 1am, I did a search and all it showed was 3 different iHR items. One was a Concert, and the other two were unrelated, I think. Anyway, I posted this morning and then saw the previous post. Went back online with the phone and Low and Behold, there it was. The WPCentral posting was done about 2am so I wonder if it went live on marketplace shortly after I checked for it.

I thought it odd though that others who had Mango were already running the app and had no problem getting it through marketplace. Maybe it was something I did wrong that screwed up my account? One may never know.

alphaxi3 10-05-2011 11:58 AM

I just got the update for I-Heart radio today Oct 5 and it works better than it did before. Before I could not listen to it with my bluetooth headset, because it would play at 2X speed. Now it works as it should.

JohnMcD348 10-05-2011 01:18 PM

That's good to know. I noticed that issue also a couple of times when I was trying to run it through my Car stereo's BT connection on the stereo I installed in my Bronco. It sounded like my Talk stations were run by Alvin and the Chipmunks. Or, for you old schoolers, playing your 33 Albums at 45. Or, even 78.......... It didn't do it with all teh stations just a coupe that I usually listened to. Next time I'm back in the Bronco, I'll give it another listen.