PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

AcousticBruce is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Earbuds: Finding a control or a good pair.

I have found that there is lots of good ear buds out there. But none have the controls that wp7 earbuds came with. The earbuds with the phone are just fail. Huge in ear and bad quality sound.

2 questions:

1) Is there any control device I can buy that goes in between any set of head phones. (I DO NOT want a volume slider... i want buttons), that communicate with the phone.

2) any earbuds that have the control on them as well as being VERY high quality? Coated or cloth covered wires, comfort in ear design, noise cancelling, above par sound? Things like that.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Earbuds: Finding a control or a good pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcousticBruce View Post
I have found that there is lots of good ear buds out there. But none have the controls that wp7 earbuds came with. The earbuds with the phone are just fail. Huge in ear and bad quality sound.

2 questions:

1) Is there any control device I can buy that goes in between any set of head phones. (I DO NOT want a volume slider... i want buttons), that communicate with the phone.

2) any earbuds that have the control on them as well as being VERY high quality? Coated or cloth covered wires, comfort in ear design, noise cancelling, above par sound? Things like that.
You kind of put yourself in the middle because I don't think you will find what your looking for.

The ones that come with it are that, I have not found any good ones that have a digital volume control for WP7 devices or based of HTC devices.

The problem with that is OEM headphones suck for the most part. To get a high end headset your going to need to spend some $$ ($60-500, depending on how high quality you want to go)but, your not going to get controls.

You could even get bose mini headsets but, again, no volume contol. Any really good qualty headset is NOT going to have a volume control on it because it will damage the sound.

You have to decide what is more important, volume control or sound quality because you wont find both.

If you want better sound, your options are plentyfull out there. I even have a Sony set that was around $80 and they are awsome and work great on my Trophy but, depening on what you want to spend.

EDIT:

I googled around for this, Noting the HTC connector

http://www.zagg.com/audio/smart-buds.php

Looks like one of the very view buds that should work with the HTC and have a good (not reference but, good) reviews. I personaly would like to try a set to see how they sound.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 09-26-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions