PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Official Zune 4.8 Update Released

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; mwp6985))

On the surface there is not much new visible in Zune 4.8, released today. Under the covers however there has been some significant improvements in the client and how it works with Windows Phone 7.5 Mango.

Mark Akers from the Zune team have posted this change log.

• Progressive updates: In Zune 4.8, you only have to click the update button once for multiple updates. Once an update is finished, the software automatically checks for more and repeats the installation process until your phone is completely up to date.
  • Streamlined backup.By synching media separately from other phone content, we’ve lowered the overall time it takes to back up your phone. The backup file is also more compact, so it should take up less space on your computer.
  • Skip phone backup: If you don’t have enough room on your computer to store a phone backup file, you’ll now have the option to skip this step so you’re not blocked from updating your phone.
  • Zune 4.8 now supports 22 display languages, including Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (US and UK), Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish.
  • Zune 4.8 is available in these countries or regions: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and the United States.
  • Support for 48-hour movie rentals
  • Parental Controls now support M-rated (Mature) content
  • Option to hide purchase confirmation dialog for faster app checkout
  • See what apps are compatible with the Windows Phone you own

See what apps are compatible with the Windows Phone you own
The updated Zune client can be downloaded here, or by checking for the update under Settings > Software > General, and then click Check For Updates

Source: wmpoweruser

Last edited by deadwrong03; 08-23-2011 at 07:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Official Zune 4.8 Update Released

I saw this on the official WP7 blog, thx for the heads up
Old 08-24-2011, 10:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

Just updated last night. Still have alot to learn about WP7 and Zune. This sounds like another great step in the advancement of Windows as a viable contender in the mobile OS market
Old 08-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

*prepares for stones*

I still like iTunes for managing songs and applying attributes, ripping cd's and a few other things better than Zune desktop but I'll stick with it because I have to. Some stuff I find difficult or more steps to do and there's so many areas you have to go for to get stuff done. I wish it was slightly more simplified. Maybe I just haven't spent enough time with it.

I never actually use it to listen to music etc. but I use the WP7 Zune client way too much
Old 08-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
*prepares for stones*

I still like iTunes for managing songs and applying attributes, ripping cd's and a few other things better than Zune desktop but I'll stick with it because I have to. Some stuff I find difficult or more steps to do and there's so many areas you have to go for to get stuff done. I wish it was slightly more simplified. Maybe I just haven't spent enough time with it.

I never actually use it to listen to music etc. but I use the WP7 Zune client way too much
Lol, I HATE iTunes and Zune for all those things, MediaMonkey ftw
Old 08-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I actually really like the Zune software, but then again I've been using it since 2007 when I bought the first generation Zune.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
*prepares for stones*

I'm the same way but the more I use it, the easier it seems to be. I think, in time, it will be just as intuitive and easy to use as iTunes. I pretty much just used it to listen to Pod Casts. I always used Activesync and WMDC to move music over to my previous Smartphone(TP2) or my Axim x51v's. I never used either to burn CD's, I'd just move it over to the disc and burn it with Windows.

Try it for awhile. You'll get used to it and, I bet, it will be as easy to use as iTunes.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions