PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Official Zune 4.8 Update Released (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146621)

deadwrong03 08-23-2011 03:00 PM

Official Zune 4.8 Update Released

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; mwp6985))

On the surface there is not much new visible in Zune 4.8, released today. Under the covers however there has been some significant improvements in the client and how it works with Windows Phone 7.5 Mango.

Mark Akers from the Zune team have posted this change log.

• Progressive updates: In Zune 4.8, you only have to click the update button once for multiple updates. Once an update is finished, the software automatically checks for more and repeats the installation process until your phone is completely up to date.
  • Streamlined backup.By synching media separately from other phone content, we’ve lowered the overall time it takes to back up your phone. The backup file is also more compact, so it should take up less space on your computer.
  • Skip phone backup: If you don’t have enough room on your computer to store a phone backup file, you’ll now have the option to skip this step so you’re not blocked from updating your phone.
  • Zune 4.8 now supports 22 display languages, including Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (US and UK), Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish.
  • Zune 4.8 is available in these countries or regions: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and the United States.
  • Support for 48-hour movie rentals
  • Parental Controls now support M-rated (Mature) content
  • Option to hide purchase confirmation dialog for faster app checkout
  • See what apps are compatible with the Windows Phone you own

See what apps are compatible with the Windows Phone you own
The updated Zune client can be downloaded here, or by checking for the update under Settings > Software > General, and then click Check For Updates

Source: wmpoweruser

orangekid 08-23-2011 03:26 PM

Re: Official Zune 4.8 Update Released

I saw this on the official WP7 blog, thx for the heads up

JohnMcD348 08-24-2011 10:45 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

Just updated last night. Still have alot to learn about WP7 and Zune. This sounds like another great step in the advancement of Windows as a viable contender in the mobile OS market

dtrush 08-24-2011 02:16 PM

*prepares for stones*

I still like iTunes for managing songs and applying attributes, ripping cd's and a few other things better than Zune desktop but I'll stick with it because I have to. Some stuff I find difficult or more steps to do and there's so many areas you have to go for to get stuff done. I wish it was slightly more simplified. Maybe I just haven't spent enough time with it.

I never actually use it to listen to music etc. but I use the WP7 Zune client way too much:headbang:

orangekid 08-24-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrush (Post 2140323)
*prepares for stones*

I still like iTunes for managing songs and applying attributes, ripping cd's and a few other things better than Zune desktop but I'll stick with it because I have to. Some stuff I find difficult or more steps to do and there's so many areas you have to go for to get stuff done. I wish it was slightly more simplified. Maybe I just haven't spent enough time with it.

I never actually use it to listen to music etc. but I use the WP7 Zune client way too much:headbang:

Lol, I HATE iTunes and Zune for all those things, MediaMonkey ftw

GoodThings2Life 08-24-2011 06:34 PM

I actually really like the Zune software, but then again I've been using it since 2007 when I bought the first generation Zune. :)

JohnMcD348 08-24-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrush (Post 2140323)
*prepares for stones*

I'm the same way but the more I use it, the easier it seems to be. I think, in time, it will be just as intuitive and easy to use as iTunes. I pretty much just used it to listen to Pod Casts. I always used Activesync and WMDC to move music over to my previous Smartphone(TP2) or my Axim x51v's. I never used either to burn CD's, I'd just move it over to the disc and burn it with Windows.

Try it for awhile. You'll get used to it and, I bet, it will be as easy to use as iTunes.