PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 11:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WP7 better customer satisfaction than Android, not quite iOS yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsree View Post
I used to live right oppsite the Sprint Headquarters in overland Park and sprint service used to be great. Ever sine I moved to chicagoland, few years beack, sprint has had very poor service in the area I live in.

I've heard horror stories with AT&T dropped calls, but I'm tempted with the WP7 hardware they have and they will get in the future (Nokia).

Unfortunately sprint seems to be transitioning to an Android only carrier and hence I don't want to support them anymore.
that's VZ that's doing the android only mentality
Old 08-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Not quite yet, I mean Sprint really needs more than 1 WP7 device. Since the arrive came out how many Android handsets have been released? And GS2 on the way as well. Nokia better hurry up and release something.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Not quite yet, I mean Sprint really needs more than 1 WP7 device. Since the arrive came out how many Android handsets have been released? And GS2 on the way as well. Nokia better hurry up and release something.
this is many reasons, I dont think sprint is intentionally choosing to carry all these androids.
1- Google is just giving out android to OEMs for free allowing it to be mass produced in various devices of many price ranges.

2- OEMs and carriers are pretty much holding out for mango to release more devices I have no doubt that there will be some mango devices to choose from to combat the iP5 launch.

3- devices are often created with GSM radios first and CDMA carriers tend to get the leftovers.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
this is many reasons, I dont think sprint is intentionally choosing to carry all these androids.
1- Google is just giving out android to OEMs for free allowing it to be mass produced in various devices of many price ranges.

2- OEMs and carriers are pretty much holding out for mango to release more devices I have no doubt that there will be some mango devices to choose from to combat the iP5 launch.

3- devices are often created with GSM radios first and CDMA carriers tend to get the leftovers.
True, can't wait for more widespread mango devices to come out.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Indeed... I desperately want an HD7S-style device... big screen... with Mango on it.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Indeed... I desperately want an HD7S-style device... big screen... with Mango on it.
Yeah I cannot stand those 3.7" with keyboard devices running any OS, I'm all about the 4.3" keyboardless HTC devices (HD2, Evo, Sensation, HD7...)
Old 08-14-2011, 08:44 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

i think of wp7 as more of a dumbphone than a smartphone, same as the iphone. i just cannot get into it, android is for me.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:45 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:

and sprint.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

kingsree is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Sprint needs a keyboard-less sleek WP7 phone with a great screen. Arrive is underwhelming and bulky.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
i think of wp7 as more of a dumbphone than a smartphone, same as the iphone. i just cannot get into it, android is for me.
@fixxxer2008
probably won't be thinking the same thing once mango gets out. was it really worth saying this in the wp7 section? we hadn't had any trolls or bashers around here in awhile and I would rather it stay that way. I would hate to have to start acting like I did last year again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsree View Post
Sprint needs a keyboard-less sleek WP7 phone with a great screen. Arrive is underwhelming and bulky.
@kingsree
im sure they will get one without a keyboard. as for the arrive being underwhelming, not quite wp7 doesn't need dual cores or anything like that to run smoothly and provide a great user experience like Android does. as for bulky, its not much more than the tp2 or even the EVO shift (but no one is bashing it because it has android)

Last edited by eric12341; 08-15-2011 at 11:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions