PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
WP7 better customer satisfaction than Android, not quite iOS yet.

More Windows Phone 7 customers are “Very Satisfied” than Android customers – SplatF

I agree that MS just needs more/better marketing and keep advertising!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: WP7 better customer satisfaction than Android, not quite iOS yet.

we also need television networks and carriers to actually air these commercials right now the Android and iPhone commercials are outnumbering the wp7 commercials, well on English TV anyway, Spanish TV is a bit different.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I wonder if the numbers might be skewd a bit since there obviously isn't as many WP7 users out there compared to teh other OS's. Whenever I read surveys like these no matter what the item or product is, I take into account the actual numbers present during the sampling phase.

Anyone Remember the Pinto? One of the most dangerous cars on the highway back in the 70's. When you look at teh numbers, it was one of the biggest selling cars of the era so there were tons of them on the road. There was a design flaw inteh placement of the tank that created a potential fire hazard when rear ended. the same could be said for a number of other vehicles of that time, but since there were so many of those particular vehicles onteh road, that was the vehicle that was vilified.

Just sayin.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
I wonder if the numbers might be skewd a bit since there obviously isn't as many WP7 users out there compared to teh other OS's. Whenever I read surveys like these no matter what the item or product is, I take into account the actual numbers present during the sampling phase.

Anyone Remember the Pinto? One of the most dangerous cars on the highway back in the 70's. When you look at teh numbers, it was one of the biggest selling cars of the era so there were tons of them on the road. There was a design flaw inteh placement of the tank that created a potential fire hazard when rear ended. the same could be said for a number of other vehicles of that time, but since there were so many of those particular vehicles onteh road, that was the vehicle that was vilified.

Just sayin.
Oh, yea, the Pino...heh. A little bump in the rear and BOOM ! Lots of videos on Youtube for that one.

I also would like to see the nubmers but, I guess it all comes down how they were surveyed and how many people.

Here's all the data...

New Survey: Consumer Smart Phones - Apple vs. Google Android

From the site... (just details for this post)

A new ChangeWave survey of 4,163 consumers has taken a fresh look at smart phone demand trends – including mobile OS and smart phone preferences going forward.
The June survey focused on key comparisons between the Apple iOS and Google Android OS – including the impact of Apple’s new iCloud service – along with the latest momentum trends for Motorola and Research in Motion.
We note that this survey focuses primarily on the North American smart phone market – with the sample being 89% U.S. respondents and 11% outside the U.S.

Then the Windows Phone 7 part....

But in an encouraging sign for Microsoft, we continue to see a big difference between the high Very Satisfied rating for Windows Phone 7 (57%) vs. the much lower rating for Windows Mobile OS (14%). Even so, the higher Windows Phone 7 rating has yet to produce a sustained momentum boost for Microsoft in term of buyer preferences.

It does not say what % of customers had what phone but, numbers look good so far...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 07-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

MS knew they had a 5 year plan for WP7 to actually be a contender and it looks like they are right on schedule, not even a year out and they are actually doing well for a brand new OS.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
MS knew they had a 5 year plan for WP7 to actually be a contender and it looks like they are right on schedule, not even a year out and they are actually doing well for a brand new OS.
Yea, exactly what I was thinking.... 57% satsfaction rate for a phone less than a year old, that's inpressive in any eyes...
Old 08-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

kingsree is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Just waiting for a new round of devices at AT&T with Mango and it's bye bye to my Intrepid and Sprint.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsree View Post
Just waiting for a new round of devices at AT&T with Mango and it's bye bye to my Intrepid and Sprint.
guácala! why AT$T? AT$T is clogged here in Chicagoland. and not to mention the data caps and throttling

Last edited by eric12341; 08-01-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

MS sucks eggs when it comes to marketing. Purely pathetic.

I am still on the WM... after using my phone for almost a year and getting fed up with Sense's lags, resets, and tiny car-unfriendly fast sliding buttons, I turned on the Titanium, just for the heck of it, and was instantly won over. The problem is, I never saw an ad featuring Titanium, or a good explanation of why it was this way (speed and car-friendliness), or how to use sliders, didn't even know it had sideway sliders, and I think MS missed a golden opportunity by not providing enough plugins. I saw endless ads about Android, and to me, Android interface is just blah, especially the launcher. This is just an example...
Old 08-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

kingsree is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
guácala! why AT$T? AT$T is clogged here in Chicagoland. and not to mention the data caps and throttling
I used to live right oppsite the Sprint Headquarters in overland Park and sprint service used to be great. Ever sine I moved to chicagoland, few years beack, sprint has had very poor service in the area I live in.

I've heard horror stories with AT&T dropped calls, but I'm tempted with the WP7 hardware they have and they will get in the future (Nokia).

Unfortunately sprint seems to be transitioning to an Android only carrier and hence I don't want to support them anymore.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions