PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   WP7 better customer satisfaction than Android, not quite iOS yet. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145837)

eric12341 08-06-2011 11:57 PM

Re: WP7 better customer satisfaction than Android, not quite iOS yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsree (Post 2135722)
I used to live right oppsite the Sprint Headquarters in overland Park and sprint service used to be great. Ever sine I moved to chicagoland, few years beack, sprint has had very poor service in the area I live in.

I've heard horror stories with AT&T dropped calls, but I'm tempted with the WP7 hardware they have and they will get in the future (Nokia).

Unfortunately sprint seems to be transitioning to an Android only carrier and hence I don't want to support them anymore.

that's VZ that's doing the android only mentality

orangekid 08-09-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2135734)

Not quite yet, I mean Sprint really needs more than 1 WP7 device. Since the arrive came out how many Android handsets have been released? And GS2 on the way as well. Nokia better hurry up and release something.

eric12341 08-09-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2136330)
Not quite yet, I mean Sprint really needs more than 1 WP7 device. Since the arrive came out how many Android handsets have been released? And GS2 on the way as well. Nokia better hurry up and release something.

this is many reasons, I dont think sprint is intentionally choosing to carry all these androids.
1- Google is just giving out android to OEMs for free allowing it to be mass produced in various devices of many price ranges.

2- OEMs and carriers are pretty much holding out for mango to release more devices I have no doubt that there will be some mango devices to choose from to combat the iP5 launch.

3- devices are often created with GSM radios first and CDMA carriers tend to get the leftovers.

orangekid 08-09-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2136344)
this is many reasons, I dont think sprint is intentionally choosing to carry all these androids.
1- Google is just giving out android to OEMs for free allowing it to be mass produced in various devices of many price ranges.

2- OEMs and carriers are pretty much holding out for mango to release more devices I have no doubt that there will be some mango devices to choose from to combat the iP5 launch.

3- devices are often created with GSM radios first and CDMA carriers tend to get the leftovers.

True, can't wait for more widespread mango devices to come out.

GoodThings2Life 08-10-2011 06:24 PM

Indeed... I desperately want an HD7S-style device... big screen... with Mango on it.

orangekid 08-11-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life (Post 2136626)
Indeed... I desperately want an HD7S-style device... big screen... with Mango on it.

Yeah I cannot stand those 3.7" with keyboard devices running any OS, I'm all about the 4.3" keyboardless HTC devices (HD2, Evo, Sensation, HD7...)

fixxxer2012 08-14-2011 08:44 PM

i think of wp7 as more of a dumbphone than a smartphone, same as the iphone. i just cannot get into it, android is for me.

fixxxer2012 08-14-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2135734)

and sprint.

kingsree 08-15-2011 08:19 PM

Sprint needs a keyboard-less sleek WP7 phone with a great screen. Arrive is underwhelming and bulky.

eric12341 08-15-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 2137598)
i think of wp7 as more of a dumbphone than a smartphone, same as the iphone. i just cannot get into it, android is for me.

@fixxxer2008
probably won't be thinking the same thing once mango gets out. was it really worth saying this in the wp7 section? we hadn't had any trolls or bashers around here in awhile and I would rather it stay that way. I would hate to have to start acting like I did last year again.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsree (Post 2137950)
Sprint needs a keyboard-less sleek WP7 phone with a great screen. Arrive is underwhelming and bulky.

@kingsree
im sure they will get one without a keyboard. as for the arrive being underwhelming, not quite wp7 doesn't need dual cores or anything like that to run smoothly and provide a great user experience like Android does. as for bulky, its not much more than the tp2 or even the EVO shift (but no one is bashing it because it has android)