PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Push Notification Frustration (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145240)

deadwrong03 06-30-2011 06:57 PM

Push Notification Frustration

There's been a boatload of new apps this week and alot of them feature push and toast notifications the Facebook update and the Kik app. I haven't been able to get push working for either app. My push works perfectly every time for IM PLUS but nothing else. I went and turned push and toast notifications off for my older apps and still no push for fb and kik I even uninstalled and reinstalled both and still no push. Anybody else having these issues? Can we restart push notifications somehow? I'm considering restarting the whole phone

For u early mango users is there a way in settings to manage ur push and toast notifications instead of going into each app and turning them off/on? I hope they fix this in mango

eric12341 06-30-2011 10:56 PM

Re: Push Notification Frustration

my push notifications work flawlessly on the Facebook app and every other app I have installed except for FIM. I can't believe u actually paid $10 for IM+

deadwrong03 07-01-2011 01:25 AM

i used my rebate that i got for buying the phone they gave me a $50 gift card so i just used that for now lol, but i was seriously desperate for a chat app with 50 bucks to blow i bought sonic and angry birds too..

i did a hard reset on my phone and now the fb push notificatios are working fine i guess you have to kind of monitor ur push settings so that you dont get higher than 15 or it kinda screws things up with the 15 push/toast limits

steveo70 07-01-2011 02:56 AM

Thanks deadwrong for letting us know you got it working.

Scrotum 07-18-2011 07:37 PM

Does mango have the same limitations for the number of apps that can have push notifications.

deadwrong03 07-18-2011 07:55 PM

from what i read mango increases the limitations from 15 to 30 push notifications

eric12341 07-18-2011 08:29 PM

the system is also much more reliable in mango meaning that u won't have to edit endpoints in the registry or hard reset the device. I never personally had that severe of a problem on NoDo but one app FIM rarely ever sent me a push notification and still didn't even after mango which is why im on mango and happily using Facebook chat now.

Scrotum 07-18-2011 09:38 PM

I upgraded to Mango a few days ago and have had no problems with Push notifications from any of the apps, and some of the ones that required third party apps before, such as Facebook chat, are built in.