PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Want WP7 Mango today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Personally, I have yet to find something in the Mango release that simply "doesn't work." Quite the opposite, in fact-- for a beta, I'm remarkably impressed at how fast and stable it is.

Now for the search, that IS a beta feature and I would point out that just like Android's voice capabilities it is HIGHLY dependent on your data connection, so if you're in a low-coverage area, yeah... might be buggy. But if that one feature in a BETA is a deal-breaker for you, I would say YES, you should revert back to NoDo, and in fact you shouldn't be messing with betas at all. Ever. I don't want to be a jerk, but if you're that sensitive about the matter why would you ignore all the "use at your own risk" disclaimers in the first place? Heck, I use my phone for work in an IT setting, so I'm right there with you, BUT, being a sys admin I am techy enough to deal with the bugs (to which I say again have been unnoticable in my experience), so I took the chance on it (keeping my NoDo restore point and my EVO handy at all times).

As for the ringtones, I forget if it was an earlier post in this thread or in the Arrive forum thread, but I agreed it was incredibly irritating means of assigning ringtones, but I fully anticipate custom apps being developed to simplify the process. The Windows Phone team blogged about the matter and promised that it would get easier, for what it's worth.
thanks for better clarifying the situation but still some people just dont get it. maybe his data connection was bad or something for me it works better than it did in NoDo even on my shitty data connection lately.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:10 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
I don't completely understand what you just posted but I think you are saying that you had no issues with search and that there are many more features than ringtones. I think something about not returning to something that works for me?

The fact that you have no issues with search have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with me. Fact is that it is broken on my phone and is a deal breaker. It would be moronic for me to give up something that I use everyday for some other things that I don't even know about or care about. Many of the features aren't taken advantage of by current programs yet.

If this worked flawlessly then it would be released already.

i get what ur saying i dunno i haven't attempted to use the beta for my arrive still waiting to see if everything pans out when it's actually released not to eager to ruin my phone .. but i will search around and see what i can come up with to help u out ..
Old 07-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
i get what ur saying i dunno i haven't attempted to use the beta for my arrive still waiting to see if everything pans out when it's actually released not to eager to ruin my phone .. but i will search around and see what i can come up with to help u out ..
it didn't ruin mine at all in fact it gave it new life as if its been born again. only way u can ruin it is by not backing it up, interrupting the USB connection or Zune while its updating. long as that isn't done ur straight its going to hang on the very last step to make u think that ur arrive is bricked but it really isn't.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Still liking the Mango on my Arrive! Probably even a little too excited about the performance of Mango and to think that it can only get better=D>

I'm not sure @esqueue why you seemed to have trouble with your Mango install. From whatever I've read on this forum or elsewhere it seems that the majority of people can't find much fault with this "beta". It has been super stable for me day to day. BELIEVE ME that I USE the phone a lot during the day. Just one e-mail attachment download reset and 2 resets when syncing Zune for my library the first time again with 20+GB music and a beta Zune program. Other than that it's been pretty flawless and SPEEDY. Searching for something, or replying to a text using TellMe has been as good as expected.

This past week I have been converting my GoldMine CRM system over to Microsoft Dynamics CRM and I moved all of my 500+ past personal contacts to Windows Live. I put the 2600+ GoldMine contacts into Dynamics and it all synced with my phone. I almost can't believe my eyes but it seems to run the same speed with all of those additional contacts. WP7 rules! I'd really like to see them other OS's take a beating like that and still stay standing. I've not needed to delete a single thread of texts and it's just like the day I started.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Personally, I have yet to find something in the Mango release that simply "doesn't work."
Now for the search, that IS a beta feature and I would point out that just like Android's voice capabilities it is HIGHLY dependent on your data connection, so if you're in a low-coverage area, yeah... might be buggy. But if that one feature in a BETA is a deal-breaker for you, I would say YES, you should revert back to NoDo, and in fact you shouldn't be messing with betas at all. Ever. I don't want to be a jerk, but if you're that sensitive about the matter why would you ignore all the "use at your own risk" disclaimers in the first place? Heck, I use my phone for work in an IT setting, so I'm right there with you, BUT, being a sys admin I am techy enough to deal with the bugs (to which I say again have been unnoticable in my experience), so I took the chance on it (keeping my NoDo restore point and my EVO handy at all times).
Seriously? So I am wrong for trying out the beta and returning back? With full bars and data working on my brother's tp2 and on my phone before and after the Mango update means that it isn't my data. Who the hell are you to tell me what I should or shouldn't do with my phone? I also do have a right to post what my issues were any why I reverted back to NoDo. If it pisses you off then that is your problem, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
thanks for better clarifying the situation but still some people just dont get it. maybe his data connection was bad or something for me it works better than it did in NoDo even on my shitty data connection lately.
My post clearly stated that "If I browse and search from the browser, it works there." this also means that it isn't a data issue. I also forgot to mention that using the button that searches for restaurants and the bar code scanner works. It is clearly a problem of it being a beta. I'd suggest that you guys not get so butt hurt over someone's personal decision that affects you guys in no way?

It seems that I've pissed off some because I am not reporting that this beta is 100% functional. See how stupid that sounds? This will be my last post. I don't want to ruin this thread any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
It's cool. If this was a real beta where I could actually do some good and report my issue for MS I would go that route. I'll wait till microsoft deems it phone worthy.

Last edited by esqueue; 07-08-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
Seriously? So I am wrong for trying out the beta and returning back? With full bars and data working on my brother's tp2 and on my phone before and after the Mango update means that it isn't my data. Who the hell are you to tell me what I should or shouldn't do with my phone? I also do have a right to post what my issues were any why I reverted back to NoDo. If it pisses you off then that is your problem, not mine.

My post clearly stated that "If I browse and search from the browser, it works there." this also means that it isn't a data issue. I also forgot to mention that using the button that searches for restaurants and the bar code scanner works. It is clearly a problem of it being a beta. I'd suggest that you guys not get so butt hurt over someone's personal decision that affects you guys in no way?

It seems that I've pissed off some because I am not reporting that this beta is 100% functional. See how stupid that sounds? This will be my last post. I don't want to ruin this thread any further.

It's cool. If this was a real beta where I could actually do some good and report my issue for MS I would go that route. I'll wait till microsoft deems it phone worthy.
@esqueue it is more than phone worthy and I've had no problems with search at all even when not in the browser. I do see that there are issues with the twitter and LinkedIn. smart DJ also seems incomplete in some areas but it isn't cause to have to revert back.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

@eric12341 I sent you a pm.

Back on topic, I am hopping that the release version will be released soon as the htc eternity is on it's way with WP7.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Yea, I am going to agree, Mango is pretty awsome but, it does not work 100%, there are issues, like Twitter and a few other non working things but, over all, it works great.

For a beta, I'm inpressed. I have not had it crash on me at all.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 07-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Banned User

there are some bugs but none with the search like @esqueue was pointing out. I did notice that the music goes to mono briefly when in Bing. the smart DJ feature also feels incomplete but despite the minor bugs the ability for me to easily type Spanish again,the new IE and the speed increase are more than enough to keep me on mango.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
there are some bugs but none with the search like @esqueue was pointing out. I did notice that the music goes to mono briefly when in Bing. the smart DJ feature also feels incomplete but despite the minor bugs the ability for me to easily type Spanish again,the new IE and the speed increase are more than enough to keep me on mango.
One thing that we all have to remember, IT"S A BETA. For a beta, It's pretty dam good but, it will have bugs, it just depends if you can live with the bugs.

I knew there would be bugs but, I didn't expect it to be this solid overall.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions