PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Odd text problems... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144528)

WMFan85 06-13-2011 11:37 AM

Odd text problems...

I've been having some strange issues with my text program on my WP7 Trophy. When you open a conversation, you know how it scrolls all the way to the bottom to the last text? Sometimes mine will keep doing that over and over like I keep opening it. It does it 5 or 6 times and then finally quits.

Then last night, I opened up my text and it kept flashing "no conversations" and then showing all of mine and then showing "no conversations" until I finally exited out. When I went back in, all was fine.

I tried restarting and all seemed fine for a little bit. But then it started doing it again. It only does it every once and a great while.

Anyone else have this problem?

eric12341 06-13-2011 04:07 PM

Re: Odd text problems...

I've been storing text messages since my 1st hard reset on 4/2( because a sprint rep messed up my data connection even more than it already is because of the towers in my area) and I have not noticed anything like that or any slowdowns for that matter, sounds like u may need to hard reset or at the worst replace the card or the whole unit if it continues, because that's not normal.

dtrush 06-13-2011 08:45 PM

I've not experienced the issue that you're reporting. If you have the stock 16GB card that came with your Arrive I wouldn't expect any problems. I upgraded mine to a class 2 32GB Sandisk and haven't really even had any issues whatsoever with applications not functioning like they should.
I would recommend a hard reset also if the issue persists.

WMFan85 06-15-2011 10:23 AM

I'm too afraid I'm going to screw something up if I replace the SD card that will void my warranty and I think 16 GB is plenty for me right now anyway (don't really listen to music and haven't even put any movies on yet).

I have a question about a hard reset.

I know my contacts and calendar will carry over, but what about all the emails I set up on the phone? How about all the apps I installed? None of that will repopulate when I reset, will it?

dtrush 06-15-2011 12:37 PM

You'll get all of your e-mails back from whatever service they're stored on whether Exchange, Live, Gmail etc. You'll still have to setup the accounts and get them syncing again. You'll have to enable all of the folders under those accounts as well if you want those to come in.

I purchased my Arrive from a guy who had to give up the phone for another because of his work so mine technically won't carry the warranty. Since I'm on prepaid I have nothing to lose since I have no TEP or similar protection. I'll just purchase another 2nd hand phone if problems. I get cheaper service now. I need 32GB because of the music & podcasts:headbang:

eric12341 06-15-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WMFan85 (Post 2115504)
I'm too afraid I'm going to screw something up if I replace the SD card that will void my warranty and I think 16 GB is plenty for me right now anyway (don't really listen to music and haven't even put any movies on yet).

I have a question about a hard reset.

I know my contacts and calendar will carry over, but what about all the emails I set up on the phone? How about all the apps I installed? None of that will repopulate when I reset, will it?

SD card installation won't invalidate ur warranty as long as the card used is a certified card SanDisk class 2 is what I'm hearing works great.

-calendar ,contacts and email will all transfer back when u enter them back as accounts.

-apps is a different story, if u have them installed via Zune they will be reinstalled when u sync again. however if u installed them directly from the marketplace u have to hunt them all down again and reinstall them, but if u bought any u don't have to buy them again. and judging from how long u had the trophy u probly don't have many apps yet, I know I didn't that early on and I still don't really.

WMFan85 06-15-2011 04:26 PM

I'm not too awful worried about the SD card itself voiding the warranty. I'm worried about myself voiding the warranty. Like messing up the "Void" sticker and things like that.

That's kind of strange that the apps don't follow your marketplace email. That's how 6.5.X and 6.1 was. Not like it's extremely difficult to reinstall them though. I'll just have to make sure that I remember which ones I installed.

eric12341 06-16-2011 03:17 PM

im guessing that in mango it will be easier to reinstall apps

WMFan85 06-17-2011 03:21 PM

I can't wait for mango to come out. I think it's going to be a great update. Right now I have 3 email tiles on my start screen JUST for work. That will be very nice to link all of them into one.