PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Zune Giving Me Different Readings & Saying My Phone Is Filled (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144510)

deadwrong03 06-12-2011 02:17 PM

Zune Giving Me Different Readings & Saying My Phone Is Filled

anybody else having this issue? i synced it yesterday and had about 180 mb free, today i synced it and added only one song and now its saying i only have 77 mb free.

and i noticed last week i was adding songs and i had 2gbs free, but when i tried to add more it said it was filled to capacity so i removed alot of pictures and maybe 5 albums to free up space.

is the bar at the bottom of zune supposed to be completely black when its filled? anybody else having these kind of issues with zune?

eric12341 06-12-2011 11:12 PM

Re: Zune Giving Me Different Readings & Saying My Phone Is Filled

u need to convert those files to wma format to reduce the amount of space they take up. use wma pro @ 96k and 48khZ doing this will significantly reduce the amount of file space while not messing with the sound quality. convert them to .wav at 48Khz first tho. I did this and I have about 2700 songs on my arrive and about 6.5GB free and that's with some games and apps installed too.

DavidinCT 06-13-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadwrong03 (Post 2114674)
anybody else having this issue? i synced it yesterday and had about 180 mb free, today i synced it and added only one song and now its saying i only have 77 mb free.

and i noticed last week i was adding songs and i had 2gbs free, but when i tried to add more it said it was filled to capacity so i removed alot of pictures and maybe 5 albums to free up space.

is the bar at the bottom of zune supposed to be completely black when its filled? anybody else having these kind of issues with zune?

MicroSD - Card Replace - xda-developers

I think it's time :)

havox22 06-13-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

If you have taken pictures and video it will take up space also the apps you installed since you last synced your phone, besides that im not sure

deadwrong03 06-14-2011 05:10 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; mwp6985))

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT
Quote:

MicroSD - Card Replace - xda-developers

I think it's time :)

I'd be a little too nervous to do that

eric12341 06-14-2011 09:09 PM

it'll be a thrilling experience im sure. looks like my solution is ur only option till SkyDrive sync comes with mango.

deadwrong03 06-14-2011 10:08 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; mwp6985))

Aren't wma format a worst audio quality than MP3s?

eric12341 06-15-2011 02:59 PM

NOT EVEN!!. all the comparisons and reviews that say that were done on the wma standard codec and they probably used improper converting techniques. wma 10 pro has made huge strides in audio quality while keeping the file size down. wma pro supports multiple audio channels while mp3 only supports stereo.

rrjskj 06-15-2011 03:01 PM

could u make that point with a lowered font it's given me a headache ...