PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 11:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
WP7 Mango (WP 7.1) 500+ features press release today !

Anyway the news is here, the step by step through the whole press annoucement, a lot of the features look really good over 500 of them. It will be the true iPhone and Android killer after it hits. It will be interesting to see..

Live from Microsoft's Windows Phone VIP preview event! -- Engadget

A Video from the event

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...liveevent.aspx

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 05-28-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:36 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Re: WP7 Mango (WP 7.1) 500+ features press release today !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Of course PPGeeks does not cover it because it does not have anything to really do with Android or the iPhone.. Sorry, it always seems that way to me.

Anyway the news is here, the step by step through the whole press annoucement, a lot of the features look really good over 500 of them. It will be the true iPhone and Android killer after it hits. It will be interesting to see..

Live from Microsoft's Windows Phone VIP preview event! -- Engadget
Yea.. as if the iphone and Android are just going to be stagnant while MS makes improvements lol. Text to speech and voice recognition? Message integration? 30 fps web browsing? Im not going to be funny this time but you do realize most if not all of this Android already does right? Not to mention Ice Cream Sandwich is coming this year and the implementation of full NFC technology.. thats already present in the Nexus.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The big news is that WP7 will have many features that iOS/Android already have yes, but they also integrate them in a much more user friendly way. Also many features weren't yet mentioned today, so it will be interesting to see the rest come out slowly over the coming weeks, not to mention new hardware which is always nice. NFC was already rumored to be coming as well so I would expect to see that official in the near future also.

Either way, Android is nice, has it's pros and cons, like all things, but I think MS is doing things pretty well considering they are starting from behind, they are quickly catching up and in some ways IMO surpassing the competition in terms of useability. You have to think from the common consumers perspective not just from the techie, power-user vantage, we have different wants and needs often times vs. what the average consumer does.

I for one, think having several good choices in the market is for the best and drives competition among each other, the very spirit and intent of the free market society we hope to embody. I know people have their favorites and always try to one-up the other guy, but you can't say that WP7 isn't shaping up to be a major player anymore, regardless if it will eventually be #1, 2, 3 or whatever in market share.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

If you have the time, watch the Video I posted above of the press statement....all I can say is WOW...I must have this.

Spend the time watching, you'll be blown away.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Yea.. as if the iphone and Android are just going to be stagnant while MS makes improvements lol. Text to speech and voice recognition? Message integration? 30 fps web browsing? Im not going to be funny this time but you do realize most if not all of this Android already does right? Not to mention Ice Cream Sandwich is coming this year and the implementation of full NFC technology.. thats already present in the Nexus.
Haters gonna hate.

Dude... This is a member of the community sharing something with the community. If it means something to you then good... If you are just trolling being a fanboi... You are just making yourself look bad and threatened.

Does Android pay your bills or something?

p.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I can't wait! I don't even have a WP7 yet, but I'm sure excited about this update!
Old 05-24-2011, 04:25 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

so does that mean the hardware is gonna change as well???? i'm just asking cause i'm curious ..
Old 05-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Existing hardware isn't changing. LOL.
Yeah... MS has set up new requirements and has a new list of hardware partners.
Including Nokia and qualcom which will release the next gen WP7 phone.
p.
Qualcomm confirms its Snapdragon processor will power 'new generation of Windows Phone' devices -- Engadget
Old 05-24-2011, 04:35 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

lol i just asked cause with them buying out skype that their hardware would change as well ..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Yeah... I wouldn't begin the count down just yet. Microsoft has alot of money to throw away and they usually don't hit the nail on the head on their first swing... But sometimes they hit the nail on the second swing and drive it ALL the way in... Think XBOX. They are far from taking the number one spot from Android... But 3rd place is quite comfortable. Especially for a branch of their business.
p.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions