PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: List Features You Feel WP7 Needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I think they are referring to this article:

Microsoft's Windows Phone 'mango' update to miss 2011 target? (updated) -- Engadget

and FYI, Galaxy S received first update November 2010...its the US carriers that caused most of the delays..also, its not surprising that Evo got update before Samsung as HTC has update before Samsung due to N1, due to Nexus S, SGS already has Gingerbread and Evo does not...ofcourse US varients won't be seeing it for a while probably..

(anyways not trying to start a discussion about it, just explaining)
Engadget? figures that explains everything. they are part of the Paul thurott crew which is the biggest gilipollas around.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

hellerbrewing is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

1) I would like to see a bing radar overlay for bing maps, or at least an ap for it.

Here's an example of it.

2) Contact filtering by category. Live contacts supports categories, not sure why WP7 can't do it.

3) Sync to subscribed calendars.

4) Flickr integration similar to facebook so I don't have to use the flickr ap and my friends photos will show up on the photos page.

5) Some sort of facebook filtering so I don't have to have every single facebook friend contaminating my phone. Maybe the option to just sync categories like friends and family? ...or at least an option to set some people to ignore.

This is what I can come up with at the moment, I'm sure there will be more.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellerbrewing View Post
1) I would like to see a bing radar overlay for bing maps, or at least an ap for it.

Here's an example of it.

2) Contact filtering by category. Live contacts supports categories, not sure why WP7 can't do it.

3) Sync to subscribed calendars.

4) Flickr integration similar to facebook so I don't have to use the flickr ap and my friends photos will show up on the photos page.

5) Some sort of facebook filtering so I don't have to have every single facebook friend contaminating my phone. Maybe the option to just sync categories like friends and family? ...or at least an option to set some people to ignore.

This is what I can come up with at the moment, I'm sure there will be more.

I'd like to make a couple of corrections here.

3) this is somewhat supported. u can sync calendars from all the email accounts u have setup and u can share them with others and.

5) this is supported too. u can choose to only have the Facebook accounts linked to the contacts u had already synched. they will still be there when u search tho but it was like this on HTC sense on the tp2 as well.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

One more thing I would like to see would be a email hub that you could put on the home screen that would display how many emails are in all accounts and then when you select the hub it leads to an account picker where you can choose which account you would like...or something similar. I do not like unified inboxes either.

Also, I don't like the way you have to attach documents to e-mails. You should be able to just click attachments and add it that way.

Last edited by WMFan85; 04-08-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:40 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I wasn't claiming that Google was any better with updates, in fact I don't even remember mentioning Android in this thread, I was just saying that when MS says they will have an update is not necessarily when they will have one.

Google is just as guilty, as is HTC and Samsung.

Apple is the only company who seems to be able to get updates out fast and efficiently IMO.

nice, I'll have to check it out. When I'm at the gym I mostly want alternative-ish music to keep me going, although every once in a while I'm feeling the pull of twista or tech n9ne or something totally random, so I like Pandora for that, but if this app comes in clear and I have a bunch of genres and stuff to choose from then that's good for me, I'll try it out.
Wait, what??? HTC is actually great about updating their phones. Ive had 3 updates since I bought my Evo.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Wait, what??? HTC is actually great about updating their phones. Ive had 3 updates since I bought my Evo.
yeah well HTC is pretty good on some phones, but not all, what about the supposed eclair and froyo updates the mytouch3G was supposed to get? Older phones got left in the dust. The Evo gets fast updates but we'll see with the rest of 'em. When are you getting a Gingerbread OTA?

What I meant was Apple updates all supported iPhones fast as hell, and there's a new update on bugs and stuff like every few weeks or so.

WP7 so far has been kinda fail on updates, but it's really their first time, I just wouldn't hold my breath on Mango coming out before 2012 and by that time I'll be ready for a real WP7 phone with a dual-core and other awesome stuff, especially if DFT are porting Android to WP7 devices, then Ill be dual-booting with the awesomeness
Old 04-12-2011, 11:04 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
yeah well HTC is pretty good on some phones, but not all, what about the supposed eclair and froyo updates the mytouch3G was supposed to get? Older phones got left in the dust. The Evo gets fast updates but we'll see with the rest of 'em. When are you getting a Gingerbread OTA?

What I meant was Apple updates all supported iPhones fast as hell, and there's a new update on bugs and stuff like every few weeks or so.

WP7 so far has been kinda fail on updates, but it's really their first time, I just wouldn't hold my breath on Mango coming out before 2012 and by that time I'll be ready for a real WP7 phone with a dual-core and other awesome stuff, especially if DFT are porting Android to WP7 devices, then Ill be dual-booting with the awesomeness

Well IOS is pretty much the same across the board so thats a given. But not all IOS phones get the same updates, or updates at all. The 2G doesnt even updates anymore and the 3G only gets partial updates. As far as HTC with the older phones, a lot of those phones that came with 1.6 arent ABLE to run the newer versions of Android. The updates have system requirements, and quite a few of those phones dont meet them.. especially processor wise.

The Iphone 3G had a ton of problems when they updated it to IOS4. It was terribly laggy because the processor in the phone wasnt really meant to run it. Thats why they had to use a gimped version. As far as the Evo getting Gingerbread.. im going to guess probably around the same time or a little after the Evo 3D comes out. Since itll be shipping with it they'll want the 3D to sale first so people will jump over to it. Just the nature of the business basically.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Well IOS is pretty much the same across the board so thats a given. But not all IOS phones get the same updates, or updates at all. The 2G doesnt even updates anymore and the 3G only gets partial updates. As far as HTC with the older phones, a lot of those phones that came with 1.6 arent ABLE to run the newer versions of Android. The updates have system requirements, and quite a few of those phones dont meet them.. especially processor wise.

The Iphone 3G had a ton of problems when they updated it to IOS4. It was terribly laggy because the processor in the phone wasnt really meant to run it. Thats why they had to use a gimped version. As far as the Evo getting Gingerbread.. im going to guess probably around the same time or a little after the Evo 3D comes out. Since itll be shipping with it they'll want the 3D to sale first so people will jump over to it. Just the nature of the business basically.
The iPhone 3G stopped getting updates after 4 because it could not handle the requirements of the OS, kinda like why the MT3G and such never got froyo and will not get 2.3

But that was announced and iOS is very good about updating the 3GS and 4 to fix various bugs and give new features. WP7 and Android are harder because the phones have much different specs with carrier-added things on top, the point being that if an update is "announced" for a certain date, it will usually come a month or more after, such as the Nexus One 2.3 update, or the NoDo update.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

HamerPlyr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellerbrewing View Post
Preach it, brutha. The inability to filter contacts by company name is a GIANT inconvenience for me every single day. If there's a work-around, I haven't found it.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:14 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
WP7 needs better hardware

If WP7 wants to keep any notice it has to get better hardware. Sexy hardware sells.

We can't be releasing old hardware that hardly competes with the EVO which was released a year ago. If MS was smart, they'd make a deal with HTC and Samsung to offer WP7 to ALL carriers on hardware like the EVO 3D. I'm not suggesting WP7 needs 3D but why not offer larger screened devices like 4.3" screens for Sprint, Verizon and others. Why not offer better screen technology instead of TFT, why not officer 4G, why not offer larger batteries such as 1700-1800mah batteries.

Sprint has one fat little screened WP7 phone.
Verizon has NONE.
Tmobile has the HD7 but it is the old faint screened dull HD7 and still with a small 1250mah battery.
ATT has the HD7S and the Focus - both with battery issues.

Why not offer HIGH END hardware for WP7?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions